Please Identify this Waltham Clock I just aquired.

Discussion in 'Your Newest Clock Acquisition' started by Garygoods, Aug 19, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Garygoods

Garygoods New Member

Aug 19, 2017
    Retired C5 Aircraft Inspector
    Idaho
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hello. I'm a NOG. (New Old Guy) I have just acquired this Clock from an auction yesterday. I don't know why this caught my eye, but it did. I would like to have her rebuilt. I would like to ask if anyone can identify this? I have found out that by serial number, it was manufactured around 1914. (19646XXX). and have discovered that it may have been an Car Clock originally. Now,...I am an amateur and may not have acquired the exact information. Any information would just "Shiver Me Timbers". 314036.jpg

2. new2clocks

new2clocks Registered User
    NAWCC Member Sponsor

Apr 25, 2005
    Pennsylvania
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Gary,

Welcome to the board!

Others, who are more familiar with Waltham clocks, will be along to assist.

What makes you think it was a car clock? How was it described at the auction?

Regards.

3. Garygoods

Garygoods New Member

Aug 19, 2017
    Retired C5 Aircraft Inspector
    Idaho
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Thanks for asking New2. I was researching and found where someone posted that Waltham made so many of this type of "Size 37" ? for the Cars and that they weren't able to install because of some reason. Well they made the overages into wall, desk, ect... That may not be true, but it's what I read. I am definitely on the curious side though. There was no description at the auction, other than a Vintage Waltham desk clock. It was one of those times where you see something no matter how plain it is, and something told me to bid on it. $12. Thanks for the Welcome. I will enjoy it here.

4. Kevin W.

Kevin W. Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Apr 11, 2002
    I work at the Veritas Tools machine shop.
    Nepean, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    There are lots of these sz 37 Waltham clocks around, car clocks, travel clocks,some used by telephone operators, some were reworked and used for the military as well. Great clocks, and nice to have one running well in your collection.