• Upcoming updates
    Over the next couple of weeks we will be performing software updates on the forum. These will be completed in small steps as we upgrade individual software addons. You might occasionally see a maintenance message that will last a few minutes at most.

If we anticipate an update will take more than a few minutes, we'll put up a notice with estimated time.

Thank you!

Please help me identify this grandfather clock

nicobirdie

New User
Dec 3, 2022
Country
Hi! I really need help identifying this clock. All I know about it is thats it's Maitland Smith. What year was this made? And is there any info on its value? I can't find any info online. This clock is gorgeous and I know nothing about it. I appreciate any information shared. Thank you for your time!
tempImagefkjbkI.jpg

Mike Phelan

Dec 17, 2003
West Yorkshire, England
Country
Region
It would be good to see the movement. Apparently Maitland Smith were not makers but assembled clocks from the Far East in the late 20th century, as well as other furniture.
I cannot see your picture close up nor a close look at the dial, for some reason.

nicobirdie

New User
Dec 3, 2022
Country
Im trying my best to do research, but nothing new so far. This clock has a lot of detail, on the sides of it as well. And design of the sun.

tempImagemsUBGx.png tempImageKzZizZ.png

David B Pendley

NAWCC Business
Aug 25, 2000
Country
Region
The Maitland Smith clocks I've seen around here all had Hermle 451-050's . They used the same hands.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chiuzo
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Swiss Fake by Kent