Please help Identify this pocket watch FCP goofy hallmark & 360 mark

Discussion in 'European & Other Pocket Watches' started by cheita, Jun 13, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. cheita

cheita Registered User

Apr 13, 2015
    Country Flag:
    #1 cheita, Jun 13, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2017
    Unsure on these old watches want to know approx. year made and who if possible thank you

2. MartyR

MartyR Super Moderator
    Donor NAWCC Member

Dec 16, 2008
    UK
    Country Flag:
    The watch looks French.

The "FCP" is preceded by Tthe Cyrillic letter "F" which suggests that this is a Russian (or other East European) maker. I don't know what the "F" might be (maybe a variation of the letter for "G") but then "CP" would be "SR" in English.

There is a 5-pointed star which could be a Russian symbol, and the chevron mark seems to be the Neuchatel chevron which would indicate that the casi is made of silver or gold.

The date is probably early 19th century.

3. gmorse

gmorse Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jan 7, 2011
    Male
    Retired from Xerox
    Breamore, Hampshire, UK
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hi cheita,

The movement looks as though it could have been made by Japy in France, (they're often signed under the dial), and I think Martin's dating is about right.

Regards,

Graham