Please help ID these two clocks

Discussion in 'General Clock Discussions' started by clc, Dec 27, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. clc

clc Registered User

May 30, 2017
    Country Flag:
    Happy New Year to all:
    These are the only photos I have from these two clocks that are for sale.
    Your help is appreciated to identify them.
    Thanks,

Carlos

IMG_0619(1).jpg IMG_0621.jpg IMG_0622.jpg IMG_0623.jpg

2. tracerjack

tracerjack Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jun 6, 2016
    Female
    Lodi, CA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I am not an expert on clock identification by any means, but the metal, carriage style clock is marked as a Kienzle, a German clock company that produced many clocks. I have one of these.They come up for sale quite often, which would seem to indicate they were produced in large numbers by just about every major clock manufacturer. They are of average quality but perform well. The usual problem is the hairspring has been twisted or damaged. The ceramic clock is also marked as German made, and as an 8 day wind. As an 8 day, I would think it would also be of at least average quality. It appears to be Delft ceramic, and if it were, it would most likely be marked on the back. You might want to ask for photos of the movements to get a better idea of their condition.

3. new2clocks

new2clocks Registered User
    NAWCC Member Sponsor

Apr 25, 2005
    Pennsylvania
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    #3 new2clocks, Dec 27, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
    Carlos,

The Kienzle Clock Co. of New York City were importers of clocks, including Kienzle clocks from the German manufacturer. The import company was in business from 1912 to 1918, so, presumably, the one clock (which has been stated is of German origin) can be dated during that period.

We would need to see a picture of the back of the movement of the ceramic clock in order to identify it.

Regards.