Country
Region
Hithere!!!
Sawasdee Krub /// Bong Chu again

Today I have some problem wanna let everyone help me

My friend at Singhaburi bring photo of this clock to me
He said some chime gear or chime set is missing
So it made this clock can't chime on time

He told me this clock is wall clock which can play Westminster chime but it has only 2 winding holes
or 3/4 Westminster clock I'm not sure He also told me this clock is from Kienzle Germany by got it from Foreigner which live in Singhaburi around 10 years ago

the things I wanna know is

1 After view these photo I've attach it for you to look what original gear or part that missing? does anybody know?
2 what does of these original missing part look like? anybody have a photo of it? Could you give it to me sir? I'm really need the photo of it very much
3 where is the position of the original missing part? anybody have photo of it? (if anybody have many photo which show inside of this 3/4 Westminster clock will help me very much sir)

Please help me find the photo of original missing part which is the loveliest of my friend too sir

He was really and truly need help from everybody who knows the look liike of these missing part

Your help was made me really appreciated

Everybody which can help me I'd like to Thank You for my friend too sir

Thank You /// Kob Koon Krub
Send from Thailand :)

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

chimeclockfan

NAWCC Member
Dec 21, 2006
WI
Country
Region
It doesn''t look anything like what Kienzle made. The closest thing I'm aware of is the Mathias Bäuerle GmbH 'Embee' two train Westminster chime movement as shown here (its hands were missing when photographed).

$_57 (7).JPG $_57 (8).JPG $_57.JPG

puimake

Apr 14, 2021
Mae-Hong-Son Thailand
Country
Region

chimeclockfan

NAWCC Member
Dec 21, 2006
WI
Country
Region
I don't have a clear view of the front with parts. Perhaps Isaac would know someone who has a good photo.
What does the clock do when you try the chimes out?

Reactions: puimake

puimake

Apr 14, 2021
Mae-Hong-Son Thailand
Country
Region
I don't have a clear view of the front with parts. Perhaps Isaac would know someone who has a good photo.
What does the clock do when you try the chimes out?
The clock isn't strike on time because the chime gear which a part that I've circle was missing

Would you mind if I wanna let Isaac help me find the photo of original part which missing?

Send from Thailand

chimeclockfan

NAWCC Member
Dec 21, 2006
WI
Country
Region
Feel free to see if Isaac or anyone else may have a photo of the 2 train Embee movement which should show what the missing part looks like.
The 2 train Embee wall clock movements with Westminster chime are very uncommon and don't turn up for sale very often.

Thomas Sanguigni

NAWCC Member
Aug 22, 2018
secondhandclockshop.com
Country
Region
I think this this is what is called a 2 X 3 movement? I've worked on a German ISGUS once. That one was problematic. Especially, since the strike and time operated on one spring. Three trains try to operate on two springs. I found that along the line a weaker spring was added and the clock could not function as made.

puimake

Apr 14, 2021
Mae-Hong-Son Thailand
Country
Region
I think this this is what is called a 2 X 3 movement? I've worked on a German ISGUS once. That one was problematic. Especially, since the strike and time operated on one spring. Three trains try to operate on two springs. I found that along the line a weaker spring was added and the clock could not function as made.
OK If you don't mind I would like to let you find the photo of it's original part for me too sir

Send from Thailand

Isaac

Aug 5, 2013
Country
Region
It will play the full Westminster, 4/4.

See below for a video of one chiming with the same movement:

puimake

Apr 14, 2021
Mae-Hong-Son Thailand
Country
Region
See here for another movement very similar to yours: https://mb.nawcc.org/threads/unusual-embee.75767/
It will play the full Westminster, 4/4.

See below for a video of one chiming with the same movement:

Would you mind if I would like to let you find the photo of this clock in these position sir? My friend he really need these photo in these position Now When he knows tha this clock can play 4/4 he feel glad and pround very much But he still need these picture of these postion to imagination about the missing part So please help me finding it too sir

Thank You /// Kob koon Krub

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

puimake

Apr 14, 2021
Mae-Hong-Son Thailand
Country
Region
My friend he wants the part which is a position I've attach for you so please help me for help him too
I already send him a photo which Issac send for me

Then he told me he really need a photo of original mechanism of that 4/4 clock in that angle which I attach for you

I'm trying to find for him but it doesn't help I have no idea sir haha

Isaac

Aug 5, 2013
Country
Region
Hi Puimake. I've been busy with life events outside of clocks lately, so I hope you don't take offense to my tardy reply.

I don't have any other photos/references to the movement besides the one older NAWCC post I linked to earlier, sorry. They're uncommon movements, but I'm sure if you post the movement you have on the Clock Repair section of this forum you'll get a lot of helpful advice on fabricating a new part to work with the movement.

Regards,

Isaac

• Love
Reactions: puimake

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mike Craft
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit