• The online Bulletins and Mart and Highlights are currently unavailable due to a failure of a network piece of equipment. We are working to replace it and have the Online publications available as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Plans for Mason & Sullivan grandfather clock

dlgl00

Jul 24, 2010
Lacey, Wa
Country
Region
A friend inherited a Mason & Sullivan clock kit about 10 years ago. Last year he decided he was never going to build it so he gave it to me. I haven't had time until now to start looking at it. It came with no plans for assembling the clock case. The numbers I find on the original shipping invoice shows the order is an F150 Grandfather Kit Mahogany with TU240 Grandfather Movement with some weight, lyre pendulum, glass and dial numbers. The invoice is dated Dec 1978 so I assume that is the vintage of the original shipment.

Is there any way to find plans for this kit? If not is there a picture of what the finished clock looks like? The wood is beautiful clear manogany and I would like very much to build it. With about 20-30 separate pieces of wood, it becomes an interesting puzzle. Sort of like assembling a jigsaw puzzle from the non-picture side. Well maybe not quite as many pieces.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Gary

eskmill

NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Member
Deceased
Aug 24, 2000
Region
Sorry Gary, I have only the 1981 and 1983 M&S catalogs and neither list a model F150 clock case kit.

I can only imagine that it may be the model 7150W as shown in the copy from their catalog below.

Attachments

dlgl00

Jul 24, 2010
Lacey, Wa
Country
Region
Les, Thank you for posting the picture. If I cannot find the actual plans, this picture of the finished product will give me a great starting point. All the parts that I have in the kit appear to be on the picture from your catalog. I am sure the picture will allow me to assemble the case so it at least will look like the picture.

Thanks again for your prompt reply.
Gary

Ron Roy

New User
Nov 20, 2010
Hi Gary, I just found the site, read your post and I'm here to tell you that I have the plans for your F150 clock, you will have to cut and tape the bottom sections to complete the plan, the "copier's" machine wasn't big enough.
Ron

Richard T.

Deceased
Deceased
Apr 7, 2005
Country
Region
The original poster was retired and a woodworker. He has not visited the message board since 7-31-10. I would imagine it has already been built or disposed of.

Richard T.

dlgl00

Jul 24, 2010
Lacey, Wa
Country
Region
So I started this post a decade ago. In the mean time life got in the way, Several moves, lots of priority projects and I finally decided to get back to this M & S clock. Does anyone have plans for this 7150 grandfather clock or point me in the place to find them. Thanks for any help you can provide. I have emailed the poster above to see if he still has the plans.
Gary

Willie X

Feb 9, 2008
The fitment of most pieces should be obvious and you could post your progress. It's basically head, doors, waist and lower cabinet, some have no waist are much less complicated than this.

Just don't glue anything until all pieces are in place and we'll marked ...

The movement can be identified with a photo or two. Factory numbers are meaningless.

I have one M&S book and will check for that model tomorrow.

Willie X

Willie X

Feb 9, 2008
My catalog is from 1985-86. It shaws a 6150W which appears to be identical to the 7150W from past post. That photo alone should show you about all you need to know about what goes where. Assuming the 6/7150W is not different from the 'F150' you mention.

Willie X

dlgl00

Jul 24, 2010
Lacey, Wa
Country
Region
Thank you Willy for looking up your catalog. I believe I have the 6150M. The kit has all precut (to length and width all slightly oversized) but with no final cutting. So without plans I am guessing at how the pieces go together. From your post it sounds like I need to build as 4 components that are fit together in a final assembly after all are completed. I will try to include some pictures of what the kit consists of. My concern is without an overall plan I will cut a piece for one component that is needed for a different component. The other concern is how i piece the components together In the final assembly, I have taken measurements off the picture as best I can but the unknown part is what is inside each of the components.

4F531CC2-7FCD-4E77-8F29-A1B9EBE99A1B.jpeg FCAD1F53-76D8-47D5-AB3F-A4113DEDEDAD.jpeg 42DD14F5-C1E1-4EF4-9F76-D542992716F0.jpeg C4E0104D-C0BE-493F-8747-B0967B630D1A.jpeg

Willie X

Feb 9, 2008
I see. Looks like you have all the datos but are missing all the miters. Willie X

Stickler

Nov 2, 2017
Country
Hi Gary: I built that 6150M case many years ago, at about the time Mason & Sullivan were going out of business, and I still have the original plans and instructions, which I am prepared to share with you. How best to proceed? I could send you the originals which you could return to me after copying them.

Reactions: EscapeWheel

dlgl00

Jul 24, 2010
Lacey, Wa
Country
Region
Hi Gary: I built that 6150M case many years ago, at about the time Mason & Sullivan were going out of business, and I still have the original plans and instructions, which I am prepared to share with you. How best to proceed? I could send you the originals which you could return to me after copying them.
Hi, I would love to get the plans. From the catalog page, it seems to say the kit came with blueprints. I know these can be large and cumbersome and because of the age I hate to resort to mailing back and forth. Is it possible to take a series of pictures that I can piece together on my end? You can either email the pics or text them. I would really appreciate having that as a starting point. My email is dlgl00 @ comcast.net without the spaces of course. If you think the plans are in good enough shape to mail, reply to me at the email address and I can send you my mailing address. Thank you for the offer
Gary

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndavidcham
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-