Pillar & Scroll

Discussion in 'Wood Movement Clocks' started by JDCKent, Mar 1, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. JDCKent

JDCKent Registered User

Thought I'd show off this new arrival that came in the mail a couple days ago. Been on the lookout for a nice example for sometime. This one seems to have survived really well. Very clean overall, and working well. A couple small repairs to the case, plus I'm sure a refinish at some point, and tiny areas of touchup paint to the eglomise. From the auction photos, I had assumed that the lower glass was a modern replacement or repaint. Looking at it up close now, I see it definitely has some good age. The interior and the label are also very clean. Anyone want to take a guess at who the maker is?

t7hd7c.jpg
    20r766v.jpg
    2dukz91.jpg
    2qivl93.jpg

2. shimmystep

shimmystep Registered User

Mar 5, 2012
    Cambridge, UK
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Very attractive, lovely condition. Congrats. Wouldn't like to hazard a guess at maker, not being au fait with American Clocks this side of the pond.

3. Rockin Ronnie

Rockin Ronnie Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Nov 18, 2012
    Male
    retired educator
    Greenfield, Nova Scotia
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    No idea but very nice clock.

Ron

4. JDCKent

JDCKent Registered User

Thanks guys! Here's the maker's label...

2uidi4n.jpg

Ephraim Downes (or Downs)

5. Peixian

Peixian Registered User

Feb 29, 2016
    Country Flag:
    I don't have the idea about the maker of the watch,but very nice clock ,enjoy your pic,thanks

6. Sooth

Sooth Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 19, 2005
    Cabinetmaker
    Cornwall, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Congrats on this great find. This is about the best you can hope for other than if it still had the original finish. I'm still looking for one myself.