Pictures of Clocks as Art

Discussion in 'Horological Misc' started by gleber, Sep 26, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. gleber

gleber Registered User

Jun 15, 2015
    Male
    Underwater Robotics Expert
    Downingtown, Pennsylvania USA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I see another post in this section about Horology in Art. It got me thinking of photo of a clock I submitted to a photography contest website. It has won more awards than any other photo I submitted including Peer Choice, Outstanding Creativity, Superb Composition, Top 10 Class (voted top 10% of 100K+ entries) and others (17 awards in all). I think there is a lot of patting on the back and ego stroking on the site to get you to continue to participate and generate ad revenue for the owners, but hey, I can consider myself an award winning photographer. I don't understand why so many awards for this photo because the photo is a simple one of a wood movement and I have submitted other more scenic photos of natural beauty that I think are better. I guess it must be this one is considered unique and the landscape photos are just another one of already too many.

Here is the photo, titled "Gears."

20160325_090204.jpg

So, does anyone else have photos of clocks that could be considered artistic? Please share them here.

Tom

PatH likes this.
  2. PatH

PatH National Program Chair
    NAWCC Fellow NAWCC Member

Dec 5, 2014
    Female
    Texas
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I love your photograph! These photos aren't clocks, but the backs of pocket watch dials. I used the images to create greeting cards that I call "Behind the Time". Who would have thought that the back of a dial, or the gears between the plates, would be so interesting?

Attached Files:

3. gleber

gleber Registered User

Jun 15, 2015
    Male
    Underwater Robotics Expert
    Downingtown, Pennsylvania USA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hi Pat,

Thanks for the compliment. Indeed, your photos are very interesting and quite abstract for being physical objects. Cool idea and very creative. It makes me want to dig though my parts bins. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I like this first reply and I hope for many more.

Tom