Pendant Set Hamilton 912 help

Discussion in 'Watch Repair' started by Cecilia Dunn, May 4, 2012.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Cecilia Dunn

Cecilia Dunn Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Hey all,

I am overhauling a Hamilton 912 I got from an antique shop that I have taken all apart, cleaned, oiled, put back together and all was well with it running outside the case. The moment the movement went in the case, I lost significant amplitude and the watch refuses to wind with the crown and stem. I am thinking sleeve issue? Possibly shipper spring adjustment screw is out of whack? Any other thoughts before I go digging around my stem and sleeve?

Thanks!

Ceci

2. Randy Beamer

Randy Beamer Registered User

Jul 5, 2011
    Aerospace
    Marysville Washington
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Ceci.
    Is it running well in all positions on the bench, before you put it in the case ? Just trying to rule out anything in the bare movement prior to casing.
    And if that's a "yes", try loosening the movement screws a bit, and then move the movement ( cute, huh ? ) and see if it's an alignment issue between the movement and the crown/stem assembly. Maybe its just mis-aligned a bit, and binding.

Sorry if this sounds simplistic,..just trying to rule out what I think could be issues.
    Best regards,

Randy