Pearl Constitution Grandfather Clock

Discussion in 'Your Newest Clock Acquisition' started by Robp81499, Mar 9, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Robp81499

Robp81499 Registered User

Mar 9, 2013
    Hi All,

Today I purchased my first Grandfather Clock. It's a Pearl "Constitution", supposedly only 6000 made for American Express Cardholders. Has anyone ever heard of this clock, trying to find information about it is scarce on the internet. It's beautiful though, I think it needs some work on the Chimes but so far its running. Two of the weights measure 7lb 12oz and the other 11 lbs+ . The weights aren't labeled but I assumed the heavy went in the middle.

I've been bringing small clocks home to try and repair them for about a year or so now and it's been fun... But I thought my wife was going to fall over when I wheeled that baby in the house.. oh YEAH!!!

2. harold bain

harold bain Registered User
    NAWCC Member Deceased

Nov 4, 2002
    Male
    deceased
    Whitby, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hi, Rob, welcome to the message board. Your heaviest weight should be on the chime train, on the right from the front. Post some pictures of your clock.

3. Robp81499

Mar 9, 2013
    Oh Thank you so Much. I hope having the weight in the wrong place didn't hurt anything... Attached are some pictures. Although I think it is beautiful clock, I cant seem to find anything unique about why it is limted edition of only 6000
    IMG_9109[1].jpg IMG_9110[1].jpg IMG_9112[1].jpg IMG_9115[1].jpg IMG_9111[1].jpg IMG_9113[1].jpg IMG_9114[1].jpg

4. Richard T.

Richard T. Deceased
    Deceased

Apr 7, 2005
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    The edition of 6,000 is probably the number of cardholders AMEX wanted to "target".

5. Scottie-TX

Scottie-TX Registered User
    Deceased

Apr 6, 2004
    Retired
    Mesquite, TX
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    WELCOME, ROB!~
    Very nice acquisition. They have a very pleasant sibilant sound - not strident or demanding. Naw your placement of the weights didn't harm anything. Wrong placement can only result in perhaps the clock not striking or chiming. Enjoy!

6. Robp81499

Mar 9, 2013
    Richard / Scottie,

Thanks for your replies. It's been running perfectly since I moved the weights. And you are right about the sound, it's not overwhelming.

7. Joncox

Joncox New Member

Jul 22, 2019
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Hi, I was gifted one of these beautiful clocks. It has all the paper work with it too. If you would like the owners manual and the rest of the documentation then let me know. Mine is number 342. It's an amazing clock.