• The Bulletins and Marts are again available online. The network connectivity problem has been fixed. Thank you all very much for your patience.

Paul Chamberlain catalog piece has surfaced!

aucaj

Feb 2, 2021
Country
Hello,

I just came across a record from an auction for a movement that appeared to be in a Chamberlain case. Upon checking my references, I was able to confirm that this movement was in fact part of Paul Chamberlain's watch collection!

I am requesting permission to post the photos here. Its is exciting to see pieces from his collection resurfacing! As these pieces come up, I'm working to compile a photo catalog merged with Chamberlain's original records & those of his widow.

R/
Chris

Last edited:

LloydB

Feb 24, 2006
La Crosse, Wisconsin's West Coast
Country
Region
Hello, I just came across a record from an auction for a
movement that appeared to be in a Chamberlain case.
Upon checking my references, I was able to confirm that
this movement was in fact part of Paul Chamberlain's
watch collection!
I am requesting permission to post the photos here. Its
is exciting to see pieces from his collection resurfacing!
As these pieces come up, I'm working to compile a photo
catalog merged with Chamberlain's original records &
those of his widow.
R/ Chris
It seems to me, this would clearly fall under the
'Educational' purposes of this Forum.

Tom McIntyre

Technical Admin
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Ruby Member
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2000
Boston
awco.org
Country
Region
70 years has passed since Chamberlain's death, so you are free to use the material with attribution to the original source.

Most of his second collection remains at the University of Michigan. It was on display when we had our National Meeting in Grand Rapids a few years back.

The "Chamberlain Cases" were made by Henry Wing Jr. I believe.

As I recall, his first collection was loaned to the University of Chicago and much of it disappeared.

His Raingo Orrery Clock is currently on display in the NAWCC Museum in Columbia on loan from the American Clock and Watch Museum of Bristol CT. It should be going on sale at auction late this year or possibly next Summer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smartin
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-