Paul Breguette watch

Discussion in 'Wrist Watches' started by LMD816, Jul 5, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. LMD816

LMD816 New Member

Jul 5, 2019
    Female
    Country Flag:
    My father passed away Nov 2018. This is one of the items that was given to my son. For sentimental reasons, We are having it repaired but the jeweler is unable to help us date the watch. The closest picture I could find on the internet dated one from around 1944 but my father wasn't born until 1947. He went into the military June 4 1966. Could this watch have still been made at that time?

Here's what info we do have:
    It is a wind up watch.
    All markings seem to be worn off.
    The jeweler said it is 14k gold .

Can anyone help us with a possible date and what type of band ? I was thinking it was a gold band? 20190601_222327.jpg 20190601_222337.jpg

2. John Cote

John Cote Director
    Director NAWCC Member

Aug 26, 2000
    Photographer
    Midwest USA
    Country Flag:
    I would say from the style only that your watch was made in the late 40's to early '50s. It is quite possible that this watch was handed down to your father from his father:???:

There is a thread on this board about Paul Breguette watches. They were imported into the US as a brand for and by Kay Jewelers. The fact that it is 14k pretty much says it was made for the US market. Some of these watches were made for Kay by Ebel. Do not confuse the Breguette name with the famous Breguet brand.

Anyway here is the link to the other thread. It is a nice watch/heirloom and worth fixing for sure.

Paul Breguette wrist watch

3. roughbarked

roughbarked Registered User

Dec 2, 2016
    watchmaker
    Western NSW, Australia
    Country Flag:
    From 1929 on,
    "1929 • Charles-Eugène, the son of Eugène Blum and Alice Lévy joined the family firm in October. Together with the watchmaker Marcel Reuche, he introduced infallible production control systems, which guaranteed irreproachable quality.
    The brand attracted demanding new clients, such as the VACHERON & CONSTANTIN brand ASTRAL.
    Under the name PAUL BREGUETTE, EBEL created wristwatches specially for the American market."