Parts Source for Watchmaster Ultrasonic WT or A1T Machines

Discussion in 'Horological Tools' started by Larry Jones, Jun 27, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Larry Jones

Larry Jones Registered User

Jan 29, 2010
    Teacher
    Western Colorado
    Country Flag:
    Does anyone know of a source for parts for these machines? I need the three position "Off - Rinse - Clean" switch on the right hand side. I tried Time Machine Repair and got no response. Thanks in advance.

2. neighmond

neighmond Registered User

Jan 31, 2003
    Horologist, Teacher of Horology
    Rural Iowa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    that switch is a multi layer beast. what is wrong with the one on it? There ought to be room to get to most of it to work on it if it isn't totally shot to hell.

3. Larry Jones

Larry Jones Registered User

Jan 29, 2010
    Teacher
    Western Colorado
    Country Flag:
    "What's wrong with the one on it?" It doesn't work.

Time Machine Repair has the switch but won't sell parts. They want $200 just to look at the machine and clean it, plus cost of the switch, plus shipping. The switch is not repairable. I've already bypassed it with a toggle switch. Works okay now.

4. neighmond

neighmond Registered User

Jan 31, 2003
    Horologist, Teacher of Horology
    Rural Iowa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    A simple toggle switch? Where do you put the extra wires? On the A1 (and I am pretty sure the WT), the off position kills the ultrasonic action, but allows the dryer to function as long as its own separate switch is closed, "Wash" allows the generating apparatus as well as the left-hand transducer to power up, and "Rinse" does much the same with the exception that it powers a small double throw relay and closes the circuit for the right hand transducer while opening the left hand side. At no time should both transducers be in operation at once.