Parts needed for Le Castel (Saint Aubin) clock

Discussion in 'Clock Repair' started by Chris DiCarlo, Oct 29, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Chris DiCarlo

Chris DiCarlo New Member

Oct 23, 2018
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Hi,
    I'm new to this site and I have a strong desire to get the gift I was given back in working order. About a week ago I was given the clock but it needs a few items. I've looked for parts and feel this group can help me to locate the parts I need.
    From what I gather I need a suspension spring, pendulum and a key for winding. Everything else appears intact. Whatever leads and info I get I do appreciate it much.
    I love the clock, it's well made and it's a beauty to boot.
    I've included pictures but if others are needed please let me know.

Thank You for your help,
    Chris

IMG_8366.JPG IMG_8367.JPG IMG_8368.JPG IMG_8370.JPG IMG_8372.JPG IMG_8375.JPG IMG_8380.JPG IMG_8377.JPG

2. JTD

JTD Registered User

Sep 27, 2005
    Welcome to the board.

Yes, you are right, you need a suspension spring, pendulum and a key. These are all available from the usual suppliers, for example Timesavers in Arizona. You can look at their catalog on line.

Your clock has the logo SW and trade mark of Schlunegger/Wermeille, a long established Swiss firm of clockmakers, which has undergone various changes of leadership over the years and is now known as Le Castel, established in St. Aubin (Switzerland).

I f you google 'Wermeille & Cie' you will find numerous photos of these clocks and some of them show exactly how the suspension spring, pendulum leader and pendulum are fitted.

The handwritten numbers on the case are likely just repairer's marks and of no consequence now. These little clocks, sometimes called 'Neuchateloise' are popular and still made.

JTD

3. dAz57

dAz57 Registered User

Dec 7, 2011
    watchmaker
    sydney Australia
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    One of the numbers on the case 81570 matches the serial number on the movement.

The suspension spring brass blocks are quite thick on these clocks, the standard suspension springs are usually too thin and will flop around unless it's shimmed, better solution is to rebuild the original suspension spring