Paragon, about 16 sz.

Discussion in 'European & Other Pocket Watches' started by Kevin W., Apr 16, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Kevin W.

Kevin W. Registered User

Apr 11, 2002
    I work at the Veritas Tools machine shop.
    Nepean, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    #1 Kevin W., Apr 16, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2017
    I found this on Ebay, really liked it, don,t see many of them around. I did see one posted by Fred Hansen.
    21 jewels, adjusted 5 positions, also milled on the plate same spot as Fred,s watch. Pendant set and wind. Mine is in a Sterling silver, Regal case.

2. MrRoundel

MrRoundel Registered User
    Donor

Dec 28, 2010
    Real Estate Broker on hiatus
    So. Cal., USA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Good eye! I like that one myself. It looks high-grade, including very fine fish-scale style damaskeening that reminds me a bit of the style that is on the exceedingly rare McIntyre Watch Co. movements. Or maybe like some of the Illinois Watch Co. Sangamo and A. Lincoln movements. The narrow, nicely curving bridges, are quite striking as well, and also remind me a touch of the McIntyre movement in the link below. Congratulations on acquiring it.

http://www.collectorsweekly.com/articles/an-interview-with-antique-pocket-watch-collector-tom-mcintyre/

3. Kevin W.

Kevin W. Registered User

Apr 11, 2002
    Nepean, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Mr Roundel it does have similarities to the watch in the link you posted. I have seen a few Paragon watches, but not many. Nice to see a reply after over 100 veiws.

4. eri231

eri231 Registered User

Jan 13, 2012
    torino italy
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I've seen this movement , and clearly it was made with a Ebauches Tavannes
    regards enrico

5. Kevin W.

Kevin W. Registered User

Apr 11, 2002
    Nepean, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Thanks very much Enrico.:)

6. Fred Hansen

Fred Hansen Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Country Flag:
    #6 Fred Hansen, Apr 24, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2017
    Here's another private label with the same plate layout, this one with a 17 jewel adjusted 3 position movement that is marked "Regent" in the area of the pillar plate that is milled on the Paragon watches ...

7. Kevin W.

Kevin W. Registered User

Apr 11, 2002
    Nepean, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Thanks Fred for the nice picture of that watch, today i saw two more with the Regent name on the dial.