• The Bulletins and Marts are again available online. The network connectivity problem has been fixed. Thank you all very much for your patience.

Painted/ gilded clock glass source

ChimeTime

May 4, 2021
NE Georgia
Country
Region
FedEx seems to have broken an 8x11 glass out of a bottom door. Shame really because it was original 2 color with gold. Need to get a quick quote on a replacement. Who can I contact ?

(Moderators... feel free to move this to the Reverse Glass forum)

Last edited:

PatH

NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Member
Dec 5, 2014
Texas
Country
Region
Do you have a picture of the original/broken glass, as well as the clock itself? 8"x11" sounds like it might be an OG, but whoever you get a quote from will likely need to see a picture. If you could post a picture, it might also help readers on the forum point you in the right direction for replacements.

ChimeTime

May 4, 2021
NE Georgia
Country
Region
This is the best "before" photo I have. There's no doubt the line work was crudely executed, but I think it's an important part of the overall clock and should be replaced. Outside of the gold rectangle is black. The lettering is done in silver. Simple and effective.

Cropped.jpg

PatH

NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Member
Dec 5, 2014
Texas
Country
Region
Thanks for posting the picture. The search function seems to be working now, so you can search for reverse glass painter. There are several that have been mentioned, along with their contact information, including Lee Davis, David Lima, Linda Abrams, and Tom Moberg. If you search for their names, you may be able to read recommendations, get contact details, and see examples of their work. Others may have recommendations, based on the type of tablet you are looking for. Good luck on your search!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigDon
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-