• Upcoming updates
    Over the next couple of weeks we will be performing software updates on the forum. These will be completed in small steps as we upgrade individual software addons. You might occasionally see a maintenance message that will last a few minutes at most.

If we anticipate an update will take more than a few minutes, we'll put up a notice with estimated time.

Thank you!

Omega Speedmaster 125, correct back seal?

Bernhard J.

NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Jan 10, 2022
Berlin, Germany
Country
Region
Hi,

I recently looked into my Speedmaster 125. Upon unscrewing the back I found a black goo, which apparently had been a seal long time ago. Quite a mess to remove, but I managed.

Now I am wondering about a correct seal. It should be 35 mm, but with what cross section and cross section dimensions? Seals may be of round or square cross section. The material should not be all too critical, since the watch will anyway not be exposed to water.

Strangely I find nothing using Google (or I am searching wrong). Since the 125 case is quite different from the "normal" Speedmasters, it might be that the seal is not the same?

Cheers, Bernhard

roughbarked

Dec 2, 2016
Western NSW or just this side of the black stump.
Country
Region
Hi,

I recently looked into my Speedmaster 125. Upon unscrewing the back I found a black goo, which apparently had been a seal long time ago. Quite a mess to remove, but I managed.

Now I am wondering about a correct seal. It should be 35 mm, but with what cross section and cross section dimensions? Seals may be of round or square cross section. The material should not be all too critical, since the watch will anyway not be exposed to water.

Strangely I find nothing using Google (or I am searching wrong). Since the 125 case is quite different from the "normal" Speedmasters, it might be that the seal is not the same?

Cheers, Bernhard
For a start, the case numbers should be there, inside the back so that you can order the correct seal but is it a flat seal or an O-ring? Usually the O-rings sit i a groove and thet flat seals don't.

Bernhard J.

NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Jan 10, 2022
Berlin, Germany
Country
Region
Omega does not longer supply parts to private persons, that would be too easy ... :D

I would not be happy with bringing it to a concessionare, who mails it to Omega, who do strange things with the watch and then return it only after payment of $$$ ... :cool:

Reactions: noelekal

John Cote

Staff member
Director
NAWCC Member
Aug 26, 2000
Midwest USA
www.johncotephotography.com
Country
Region
I believe that this should be a round profile seal. I think if you find one that fits in the groove it will work just fine...especially since you won't be taking it diving.

Reactions: Bernhard J.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lurch
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Swiss Fake by Kent