OMEGA REPEATER SPLIT SECONDS CHRONOGRAPH??

dharam

NAWCC Member
Dec 9, 2012
ca,usa
Country
Region
Here is a very interesting Split Seconds repeating chronograph 18sz pocket watch running well.
I don’t know how to set the time but the chrono works perfectly and also when you press the side squared up button you hear a few gongs!
The only markings is inside the back case and it says Omega and the 34…… number if you research Omega dates it shows 1906!!
Can the learned ones please help me on this one.
Thanks very much.

8AC676B0-3B56-4EA2-9F1F-3E53756C694F.jpeg 870C6152-A891-4126-A61B-FBE2156F55D1.jpeg FE0602A1-5D92-4E38-8599-B46D96AD01FF.jpeg

Reactions: Bernhard J.

gmorse

NAWCC Member
Jan 7, 2011
Breamore, Hampshire, UK
Country
Region
Hi dharam,

I'm afraid I can't say much about this, other than it isn't a split seconds chrono; there's only one chono hand and there's no 'rattrapante' mechanism to operate two separate hands. The hand setting should be via the crown, what does the button in the centre of it do?

Regards,

Graham

dharam

NAWCC Member
Dec 9, 2012
ca,usa
Country
Region
Hi dharam,

I'm afraid I can't say much about this, other than it isn't a split seconds chrono; there's only one chono hand and there's no 'rattrapante' mechanism to operate two separate hands. The hand setting should be via the crown, what does the button in the centre of it do?

Regards,

Graham
Thanks much sir.
I figured out it’s Lever Set,there is a lever on the side that you pull when I unscrewed the front face.Other than that I still wish to know more…
Also any idea/input on the maker/age?
The center button that you see above the crown is just part of the crown!The small button on the side manages the Chronograph function.

mosesgodfrey

NAWCC Member
Aug 30, 2017
Country
Region
It may generate more answers under the Complicated watches forum.

I do not know if Omega case numbers always correspond to the movement serials. The lack of any country mark on the dial suggests it was made and exported before 1909; the sn (if it matches case) is after 1905.

Others have more knowledge to ID the movement source.

dharam

NAWCC Member
Dec 9, 2012
ca,usa
Country
Region
It may generate more answers under the Complicated watches forum.

I do not know if Omega case numbers always correspond to the movement serials. The lack of any country mark on the dial suggests it was made and exported before 1909; the sn (if it matches case) is after 1905.

Others have more knowledge to ID the movement source.
Just realized it’s a Quarter Repeater.Gongs for every 15 mins.
Waiting for more wisdom..
Thanks

dshumans

NAWCC Member
Sep 17, 2009
Here is a very interesting Split Seconds repeating chronograph 18sz pocket watch running well.
I don’t know how to set the time but the chrono works perfectly and also when you press the side squared up button you hear a few gongs!
The only markings is inside the back case and it says Omega and the 34…… number if you research Omega dates it shows 1906!!
Can the learned ones please help me on this one.
Thanks very much.

View attachment 699893 View attachment 699894 View attachment 699895
It is a quarter repeater chronograph that has been recased in an Omega case. It was originally a hunter cased watch, which probably had the gold case melted down. Then somebody recased it in an open face Omega case.

dharam

NAWCC Member
Dec 9, 2012
ca,usa
Country
Region
It is a quarter repeater chronograph that has been recased in an Omega case. It was originally a hunter cased watch, which probably had the gold case melted down. Then somebody recased it in an open face Omega case.
Thanks very much.
Any wisdom on the movement?
Thanks again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndyB821
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Ptolemy's Course of the Planets displayed by CLockwork by Tom McIntyre