Omega 200m

Dwayne

NAWCC Member
Mar 25, 2010
Have an Omega 200m automatic movement watch that will not wind with stem or rotor. Any thoughts on the probable cause?

Dave Haynes

Sep 12, 2000
Sometimes the clutch lever or its spring slips off the clutch wheel and the clutch fails to mesh with the winding pinion making hand winding impossible. Or the winding pinion is put in backwards and has no teeth to mesh with the clutch.

John Runciman

NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Member
Aug 13, 2003
Seattle, WA
Country
Region
Always hard to do watch repair by guessing even if it is a really good educated guess.

Then it's always helpful have information like how old is the watch, when was the last time it was serviced or has it had any problems prior to this problem? Then not always thought of as a problem but it's definitely a problem as the watch ever got moisture inside it's amazing how bad rust can be.

Omega 200m automatic movement
Then unfortunately we have to generalize because that's a pretty generic term? Pictures may be but even then we can't see the movement serial numbered be helpful we might Be able to look that up.

agemo

Apr 5, 2011
SAINT-NAZAIRE - FRANCE
Country
Region
Hi,
Why not simply mention the breakage of the barrel spring ?

Amicalement GG

Reactions: John Runciman

DeweyC

NAWCC Member
Feb 5, 2007
Baltimore
www.historictimekeepers.com
Country
Always hard to do watch repair by guessing even if it is a really good educated guess.

Then it's always helpful have information like how old is the watch, when was the last time it was serviced or has it had any problems prior to this problem? Then not always thought of as a problem but it's definitely a problem as the watch ever got moisture inside it's amazing how bad rust can be.

Then unfortunately we have to generalize because that's a pretty generic term? Pictures may be but even then we can't see the movement serial numbered be helpful we might Be able to look that up.
Hi,
Why not simply mention the breakage of the barrel spring ?

Amicalement GG
I think John's comment has value. It is useful to obtain additional info before attempting a diagnosis.

Did this just happen or is this the state in which it was received? If it is the state in which it was received, and since the OP apparently does not have repair expertise, it may be a question about returning the watch.

If this is a watch he used for a while, then the question would seem more a matter of curiosity. I gave this model to my daughter and I consider a nice watch. It needs and "deserves" service.

Reactions: John Runciman

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manus2eire
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-