• Upcoming updates
    Over the next couple of weeks we will be performing software updates on the forum. These will be completed in small steps as we upgrade individual software addons. You might occasionally see a maintenance message that will last a few minutes at most.

If we anticipate an update will take more than a few minutes, we'll put up a notice with estimated time.

Thank you!

Omega 1030 Case Back Identification

Knightsix

Jun 30, 2016
Sierra Vista, Arizona
Country
Region
I work predominantly with pocket watches. Occasionally, wrist watches come my way. I have a Swiss Omega Cal. 1030 with date wrist watch. The serial # 38847347 puts it about 1974 (although the data base itself points out the accuracy is not 100%). It has a "snap-on" case back. I've looked at numerous examples online and most have a "screw-on" case back. I live in Sierra Vista, Arizona with a large retirement community - pop. about 40K. I have fielded 13 "Rolex" watches over the years - only two of which were authentic (widow finds a "Rolex" in her husband's things and brings it to me for evaluation). I'm not 100% convinced the Omega I have is authentic without confirmation of the case back type. I have Engle, Gilbert & Shugart + Prichard - neither one addresses my question specifically - nor does Omega. Given the amount of fraud out there in today's environment, I need to be 100% certain the item I have is genuine. Is it possible Omega used one type of case back and switched to another during a different time frame? Can anyone out there help me pin this down? John

Omega 3.jpg Omega 1.jpg Omega 2.jpg

Brooksjs

New User
Jul 16, 2022
Country
I work predominantly with pocket watches. Occasionally, wrist watches come my way. I have a Swiss Omega Cal. 1030 with date wrist watch. The serial # 38847347 puts it about 1974 (although the data base itself points out the accuracy is not 100%). It has a "snap-on" case back. I've looked at numerous examples online and most have a "screw-on" case back. I live in Sierra Vista, Arizona with a large retirement community - pop. about 40K. I have fielded 13 "Rolex" watches over the years - only two of which were authentic (widow finds a "Rolex" in her husband's things and brings it to me for evaluation). I'm not 100% convinced the Omega I have is authentic without confirmation of the case back type. I have Engle, Gilbert & Shugart + Prichard - neither one addresses my question specifically - nor does Omega. Given the amount of fraud out there in today's environment, I need to be 100% certain the item I have is genuine. Is it possible Omega used one type of case back and switched to another during a different time frame? Can anyone out there help me pin this down? John

View attachment 734337 View attachment 734338 View attachment 734339

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lurch
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Swiss Fake by Kent