• Upcoming updates
    Over the next couple of weeks we will be performing software updates on the forum. These will be completed in small steps as we upgrade individual software addons. You might occasionally see a maintenance message that will last a few minutes at most.

If we anticipate an update will take more than a few minutes, we'll put up a notice with estimated time.

Thank you!

Electric WW Omeaga Seamaster Crown Removal (One Piece Case)

Woolshire

Jan 26, 2005
Country
Region
I have a 14k cased Omega Seamaster. The case reference is KM6610 and is a one-piece case. The movement a caliber 550.
I have the crystal off but am having trouble with the crown.
I have searched and from what I have read, this is likely a two-piece stem and the outer portion should simply pull off. However, I have already tried this with a hand puller, with considerable force, and it has not come off. I have attached a photo of the current state.
Obviously, I don't want to break it....Am I doing some thing wrong?

Attachments

Albert Antonelli

NAWCC Member
Jan 8, 2011
Jim, You are correct it is a two piece stem, hand pullers will not do the job, what I use are two different ways both are effective and work, the first way is to take an old pair of tweezers, put the watch in the setting position and using the bulker or fatter part of the tweezers tips insert them between the case body and the base of the crown and exert downward and outward pressure to pop the crown portion of the two piece system, or you could use a pair of end cutters, however you must exercise care and use steady pressure when squeezing the jaws of the cutter together to pop the crown portion of the two piece system, but if you go too strong you will collapse the case tube, also once you get the crown off you will have to move the inner ring or retaining clamp towards the 12'o'clock position to remove the movement, they should line up with the case retainers, if you do not move that ring you can't get the movement out. Good luck Al

stiff muckler

Oct 30, 2010
Mido and I think Bergeon? (or vice a versa) actually sold da tool for dis purpose. stiff is an endorser of da "tweezer method". Shield da case and crown to prevent scarring.

Dis situation occurs when da split joint ist in da tight tube or as in some of da Omega da werks is retained in da case by da "lip" within which it must be rotated da few degree in order to acheive its release.

sm iiH!

Woolshire

Jan 26, 2005
Country
Region
Thanks!...It popped right off once I had confidence. I used the tweezer method.
I have long learned to always ask the question before proceeding in the face of uncertainty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jabberwalky
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Swiss Fake by Kent