Older regula 1 day

POWERSTROKE

Jan 11, 2011
This is in a heco. I’ve not removed the movement yet. One problem is the door opens and closes when it’s cuckooing. This is the type of regula where the perch is held out by the lever on the side. Not the flag like on the newer ones. Any quick tips how to keep the door open on this one?

JimmyOz

Feb 21, 2008
Gold Coast Qld
Country
Region
A photo would be good.
I sounds like a count wheel on the back plate, if so, look at the lever when it falls, it should just clear the the rim of the count wheel and then fall into the slot at the end of the count. If the lever is to high it allows the other arm of that lever to fall into the cam on the inside of the movement thus allowing the cuckoo bird to retract and open again instead of just at the end of the count.

JimmyOz

Feb 21, 2008
Gold Coast Qld
Country
Region
Okay not a count wheel.
Not sure on this one as I have never worked on that movement, someone should know though just wait and see.

POWERSTROKE

Jan 11, 2011
Can anyone tell me what the adjustment is to get the perch to lock in that upper hook? The problem is the perch isn’t getting pulled far enough forward.

Willie X

Feb 9, 2008
Well it can only be two things:

Either the perch throw is to short, the catch wire (top) is not quite reaching the latch point. This is adjusted by bending the black stamped lever that's sticking out to the lower right side of your photo.

Or, the latch is faulty. This can be due to wear but is often because the hook is not free enough to move as quickly as it should. IOWs it's gooped up with old oil, hair, lint, carpet fiber, dust, juice from various insects, you know.

Willie X

disciple_dan

NAWCC Member
Mar 10, 2016
Plant City
Country
Region
English: gooped up
Definition of 'gooped up'

gooped up in British English
(ɡuːpt)
ADJECTIVE
sticky with goop
Collins English Dictionary. Copyright © HarperCollins Publishers

It's ok to say "gooped up" Isn't it? I never thought about it but I have probably used it my whole life. Interesting.
Just fun'in here, not arguing. Have a great day, Danny

Reactions: roughbarked

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stacey_AEH
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
NAWCC Online Structure and Operation by Tom McIntyre