Old Sturbridge Village Clock Gallery Tour, in conjunction with the National in Springfield, MA

Discussion in 'Chapter News and Views' started by Peter A. Nunes, Jun 19, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Peter A. Nunes

Peter A. Nunes Moderator
    NAWCC Fellow NAWCC Member Sponsor

Mar 3, 2006
    Male
    Restorer of antique clocks.
    Rhode Island
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    On Thursday, June 27th, at 1:00 PM, I'll be conducting a tour of the clocks in the Clock Gallery, with help from the curator. NAWCC has arranged a very favorable entry price for the day of only $19.00, and addition to visiting the clock gallery with us you can tour the Village throughout the day.

The J. Cheney Wells collection of early American clocks is quite comprehensive, from early iron and brass movement tall case clocks, rare banjo timepieces, Massachusetts shelf clocks, pillar & scroll shelf clocks, and wooden movement tall case clocks, including one of my favorites, a blue painted wooden movement tall case clock likely from northern Massachusetts or southern New Hampshire, circa 1803, maker unknown. We'll have the bonnet off so that the wonderfully crude movement can be examined. I hope to see you there! (photo courtesy of O.S.V.)

bluebird.jpg

PatH likes this.
  2. PatH

PatH National Program Chair
    NAWCC Fellow NAWCC Member

Dec 5, 2014
    Female
    Texas
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    What a great opportunity. Thanks for sharing the information and taking the time to conduct the tour.

3. musicguy

musicguy Moderator
    NAWCC Member Sponsor

Jan 12, 2017
    New York State
    Country Flag:
    Sorry I will miss this, I'm sure it will be really interesting.

Rob