Old Sturbridge Village Clock Gallery Tour, in conjunction with the National in Springfield, MA

Peter A. Nunes

Staff member
NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2006
Rhode Island
www.cogcounters.org
Country
Region
On Thursday, June 27th, at 1:00 PM, I'll be conducting a tour of the clocks in the Clock Gallery, with help from the curator. NAWCC has arranged a very favorable entry price for the day of only $19.00, and addition to visiting the clock gallery with us you can tour the Village throughout the day.

The J. Cheney Wells collection of early American clocks is quite comprehensive, from early iron and brass movement tall case clocks, rare banjo timepieces, Massachusetts shelf clocks, pillar & scroll shelf clocks, and wooden movement tall case clocks, including one of my favorites, a blue painted wooden movement tall case clock likely from northern Massachusetts or southern New Hampshire, circa 1803, maker unknown. We'll have the bonnet off so that the wonderfully crude movement can be examined. I hope to see you there! (photo courtesy of O.S.V.)

bluebird.jpg

Reactions: PatH

PatH

NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Member
Dec 5, 2014
Texas
Country
Region
What a great opportunity. Thanks for sharing the information and taking the time to conduct the tour.

musicguy

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2017
New York State
Country
Sorry I will miss this, I'm sure it will be really interesting.

Rob