Old case clock - help with identification please

Discussion in 'Your Newest Clock Acquisition' started by kamphora, May 18, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. kamphora

kamphora New Member

May 18, 2017
    Country Flag:
    Although not acquired recently but inherited from the family - this clock is about 6ft tall, with a woman's (?) face on the pendulum. Previously I was told that clock maker made only a few clocks during his lifetime, I have searched the name which is visible on the picture, but didn't find any information whatsoever.

Can anybody help please? Apologize for low quality pictures, but I'm unable to take better ones at the moment.

View attachment 344102 View attachment 344103 View attachment 344104 View attachment 344105 View attachment 344106 View attachment 344107

2. JTD

JTD Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Sep 27, 2005
    Welcome to the board.

We really do need better photos, of the entire clock and also of the movement. And it would have been helpful if the minute hand had been moved before the photo of the maker's name (?) was taken, as it is partially obscured by the hand. It looks like J. Mazelt but a clearer photo would help a lot.

It looks like a very nice clock, and even nicer to have such a family heirloom. Please post some more photos as soon as you can.

JTD

3. roughbarked

roughbarked Registered User

Dec 2, 2016
    watchmaker
    Western NSW, Australia
    Country Flag:
    Indeed it would be wonderful to have such a clock in the family.