ODO movement no. 12 wall clock strikes the hour twice

Hung Van Tran

Jul 15, 2020
Country
I have an ODO wall clock, movement no. 12. It strikes at half an hour and at the hour. At half an hour the inner shank which is behind the half-hour/at-the-hour wheel (I am not sure what this wheel is called, the one that slots onto the cannon pignon, it has a screw in the middle groove so you can move it up and down, or around if necessary) falls it strikes once correctly. At the hour, the inner shank falls, it strikes the hour correctly. But a few seconds later the outer shank falls, it strikes the hour again incorrectly (for example, it's 6 o'clock, but it strikes only 4 times). I attach 4 photos for your reference. Note the last image is the one in question. You notice that the left shank is reaching the edge of the tooth and is about to fall, but the right shank is NOT right at the edge of the tooth. So when the left shank falls it strikes the correct hour. A few seconds later when the right shank reaches the edge of the tooth it falls and the clock strikes again the incorrect hour as previously stated.

Thank you for your help. DSCF2717.JPG DSCF2718.JPG DSCF2719.JPG DSCF2720.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsun
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Weekly News 7/7/19 by Tom McIntyre