• Upcoming updates
    Over the next couple of weeks we will be performing software updates on the forum. These will be completed in small steps as we upgrade individual software addons. You might occasionally see a maintenance message that will last a few minutes at most.

If we anticipate an update will take more than a few minutes, we'll put up a notice with estimated time.

Thank you!

Odd Question on 30 Hour Long Case

wspohn

Feb 3, 2020
www.rhodo.citymax.com
Country
Region
I just recommissioned a nice brass dial 30 hour clock that I got back from having some maintenance done on it. I set it up and started it running but something is out of adjustment as after striking once or twice it then stopped striking at all.

But I am not posting to ask for suggestions for adjustment - I actually like it better not striking than striking in the location it is in, so my question is on a single weight chain drive movement (it is a posted rather than plated movement but I doubt that makes any difference) is there a way to disable striking while allowing the going train to continue, without doing the movement any injury?

Aside rom not striking outside my bedroom door, the other pay off is that instead of running for 30 hours, it has so far run for three days!

novicetimekeeper

Jul 26, 2015
Dorset
Country
Region
put a wooden clothes peg on the fly, it is the standard way of disabling the strike, and extending the run time.

However please take pics of clock and movement and details of signature and upload it all here as it will then be available to anybody researching the maker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjornburton
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Swiss Fake by Kent