odd page rendering

Discussion in 'Message Board Help & Notices' started by hamiltonrrwatch, Jan 7, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. hamiltonrrwatch

hamiltonrrwatch Registered User

Jan 7, 2006
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    #1 hamiltonrrwatch, Jan 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
    Hi All,

I've noted some strange page rendering behavior on the MB with both my iPad and iPhone. The MB renders all subheading pages in this manner:

IMG_0048.jpg

I clicked off the ad for Kelley Blue Book and this was the result:

IMG_0049.jpg

It's probably readable if you're versed in cursive Chinese; sadly I am not. As I frequently travel and use both a phone and tablet, this is very frustrating.

Is this a known problem and is there a solution?
    :confused:

------------

It appears I found a partial answer upon further investigation in THIS thread. It still doesn't explain why this is occurring on my mobile devices and not my desktop computer.

2. Dick C

Dick C Registered User

Oct 14, 2009
    Male
    Country Flag:
    I would try a few things:

Click on the chevron to eliminate the right panel information.

Orient the ipad so the widest part is horizontal.

I live on my PC, not an Apple device, and sometimes when I receive an e-mail I get the same results as you do; however, if I expand the window to make it larger then the effect that your are experiencing goes away and the text is then readable.

3. John Hubby

John Hubby Principal Administrator
    NAWCC Member

Sep 7, 2000
    The Woodlands, TX
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I use my iPad and iPhone regularly to access the MB and just see a normal screen. To do this you first need to be signed in to the MB, which will eliminate all ads from the text areas. We recommend you sign in using the user name and password boxes at the top right of the screen and click on "Remember Me"; that will keep you signed in at all times and on all devices including your laptop, desktop, iPad, iPhone, etc, until you decide at some point you need to sign out. The connections are secure and we have no reports of hacking while signed up.

Then, when you are signed in you need to click on the chevron at the upper right side of the screen to collapse the right column to the right, which will open up the text area to about 3/4 of the screen width giving you plenty of area for reading the threads. As Dick says keep your screens horizontal for maximum text display.

Let us know if this works OK.

4. hamiltonrrwatch

hamiltonrrwatch Registered User

Jan 7, 2006
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Gentlemen, thank you!

Upon further investigation, I discovered that switching the display from Linear to Hybrid Mode, will accomplish the task as well.

5. Tom McIntyre

Tom McIntyre Technical Admin
    Staff Member Donor Sponsor NAWCC Member

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    You can also use the mobile style, but it is limited in the ability to upload information. It should actually recognize your device and select the mobile style first.

The style selector is at the bottom left of the screen.

We may be able to upgrade to a responsive layout pretty soon (less than a year) that would automatically risize and shift items as required for mobile, pad or desktop use.