Obsolete parts wanted posts

lukana

Apr 6, 2015
Israel
Country
Hi,
I have a ladies wristwatch Nerny. I don't know the number of movement. I need the part or the mainplate.
There is some sign's: A3 and simvol.I can't send the picture in this site/

musicguy

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2017
New York State
Country
Hi:
I have a circa 1915 Hampden Railway that my friend (who helps me with
my watch repairs) said, "someone had been in it before and had glued the roller jewel on ,
would probably need a replacement balance to get back in tip top shape"
So I'm looking for a replacement balance for this watch(as I understand it)
railway 2.jpg

Rob

Jim Haney

NAWCC Member
Sep 21, 2002
Decatur, TN.
Country
Region
Hi Rob,
Roller jewels are Glued on the roller table, what he most likely meant, was the roller table was glued on the staff.
In any case, it is not an accepted repair practice to switch balance assemblies, unless it is a missing part( which someone robbed from the movement) because repairing the balance would be the way to go. For people not experienced in repairs they would rather just replace the balance assemble, as they would think that is the easy & fastest way to solve the problem.
Balance wheel are serialized numbered parts and down the line, after we are forgotten, someone will buy this watch and discover it is not an original watch.
I would have a more in detailed discussion with your friend and find out why he wants to replace the whole balance assembly instead of fitting the roller table to the staff.

It may not be easy to find a complete balance and if you do, sometimes you have a problem with pivot sizes fitting in the hole jewels, hairspring strength, etc.

musicguy

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2017
New York State
Country
RE:
Balance wheel are serialized numbered parts and down the line, after
we are forgotten, someone will buy this watch and discover it is not an original watch.
I think he wants an easy solution. I think if I decide to keep it I will have
the work done by someone else.

Thanks
Rob

musicguy

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2017
New York State
Country
I am sending it out to a qualified person tomorrow(someone from this Forum).
It will be treated professionally.

Rob

musicguy

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2017
New York State
Country
I need a small screw for my 18s Fahys Coin case, this one
works but I would like one that is flush to the case.
thumbnail_IMG_1412.jpg IMG_1585.jpg

Jim Haney

NAWCC Member
Sep 21, 2002
Decatur, TN.
Country
Region
Rob,
The screws for the pendant to hold the stem in position are all different depending on the lenght of the pendant & stem.

If i were you I would send this case to a guy who does great work and is very reasonable. He could solider on new chations ( holes for the bow) and fit a proper bow and fix the screw for about $50

Pocket watch case repair

Christopher Wilfong

NAWCC Member
Dec 1, 2017
Hi Jim ya I need 2 lower hole jewels for the escapement
(149A) and could use two upper end stones old part( # 160) for escapement .If you have a parts watch with these parts that's good maybe we could work something out. Thanks Chris You have a Merry Xmas Jim if I don't here from you . I just repaired a 940 that i bought I carried it all week it held 3 seconds over a week and I was quite happy. re staffed had to change 5 bad jewels and cleaned oiled and re cased in a old beast of a case lol.

tracker

Aug 15, 2007
Country
Region
I am looking for a winding arbor part # 4353 for an Elgin G.M. Wheeler size 12.
Does anyone out there have one ? Thank you.

CJo

NAWCC Member
Aug 22, 2005
southwest Kansas.
Country
Region
I am looking for a VanBuren pocket watch for parts. I need the hairspring on the roller, and the barrel with the screw. The screw on mine has a broken head on the screw and my hairspring is beyond my skills. The plate size is 38.5mm. I'm sorry for my inexperience IMG_1885.JPG on asking for watch parts. IMG_1860.JPG

Christopher Wilfong

NAWCC Member
Dec 1, 2017
I need a lower plate for a 1892 Waltham the one I have has a junk jewel for escape wheel. It's a PS Bartlett 17 jewel two tone movement. Thanks Chris

Christopher Wilfong

NAWCC Member
Dec 1, 2017
Ya that's what I want to do keep all plate number s alike . I be pushed the jewels out of alike plate and used them in the plate I'm working on . Usually just recrimping works well ass long as I check end play before crimping the replacement jewels in. Thanks . I keep it original as much as possible

Christopher Wilfong

NAWCC Member
Dec 1, 2017
Ya that's what I want to do keep all plate number s alike . I be pushed the jewels out of alike plate and used them in the plate I'm working on . Usually just recrimping works well ass long as I check end play before crimping the replacement jewels in. Thanks . I keep it original as much as possible
Is there a way of replacing bad jewel with a new one , Ive looked for new ones with no luck. And I can't find jewel numbers or sizes for escapement pillar jewels. Thanks

Dave Coatsworth

Senior Administrator
Staff member
NAWCC Business
NAWCC Fellow
Sponsor
Feb 11, 2005
Camarillo, CA
www.daveswatchparts.com
Country
Region
Chris,
If you are looking at friction fit or burnished in jewels, you can order Seitz jewels. You just need to provide your supplier the outer diameter of the jewel and the hole size. You can derive the hole size by measuring the pivot that goes in that jewel and adding 0.02mm.

Christopher Wilfong

NAWCC Member
Dec 1, 2017
The jewels in the watch are like a screw type but are crimped in at least that's what they look like I've taken one out of Hamilton 924 movement and put it in a 940 and took my staking set and re crimped the donor in a 940 and it worked great it's running in the 940 I carry and it has a .2 beat error to a 0 in all positions with a 290 amplitude face up and down and 270 to 260 in all up right position it holds 3 seconds a week carrying it to work every day . I don't know if the jewel in the bezel can be changed out I'm not that far along in knowledge and don't have a lathe yet. I have 4 or 5 at work but they're a little big lol .

richiec

NAWCC Member
Feb 24, 2007
Brick, Ocean, NJ
Country
Region
If it is a burnished jewel it is F1768, non-burnished is 1768 for the 1892 lower escape jewel, these should be composition settings, not gold. My Waltham repair parts box doesn't have plate jewels for anything large than a 16 size.

Christopher Wilfong

NAWCC Member
Dec 1, 2017
If it is a burnished jewel it is F1768, non-burnished is 1768 for the 1892 lower escape jewel, these should be composition settings, not gold. My Waltham repair parts box doesn't have plate jewels for anything large than a 16 size.
Ya its not gold almost metal looking setting . how do you burnish a jewel i know burnish is done under pressure rite or is there a special tool I've been just carefully taking the setting and jewel out of a donor watch and re crimping the setting in the watch I'm fixing i check to make sure the end play and fitment is good before closing the hole behind the setting has work so far not sure if that's right but the plates state original and you cant tell as long as the hole closing stake fits right . thanks for the info . Is there info on how to fix a setting with a bad jewel in watch properly. Thanks Chris

Christopher Wilfong

NAWCC Member
Dec 1, 2017
I don't have a lathe and I'm thinking I would need a lathe to rub or burnish a jewel in a setting and probably collets with setting shoulder to hold setting firmly . I have collets but no lathe yet. I have cnc and engine lathes at work but they're too big lol

hamiltonrrwatch

Jan 7, 2006
Country
Region
Hi Folks,

I'm looking for a nickel plated 4th Wheel & Pinion, Part #360, for a Keystone Howard Series O. Seems I can find plenty of gold-plated wheels, but the nickel plated ones, on the later Howard's are difficult to locate.

Bob Edwards

Nov 16, 2017
Country
My Waltham Vanguard 23j , made around 1945, serviced OK apart from me twisting the head off the regulator vernier screw (rusted in). The regulator arm is the type that has a circular spring on the end. Has anyone got a spare vernier screw and the little block that it fits in? The block is fitted with a locating peg and a fixing hole and mounts on the balance cock.

Cheers, Bob, Chippenham, Wiltshire, U.K.

Christopher Wilfong

NAWCC Member
Dec 1, 2017
Hi I'm looking for a Elgin part # 1988 and a upper jewel #2094 . Parts are for a 19 jewel Elgin grade 240. The jewel cracked and ate a groove in pinion , I not sure if pinion is available. Thanks

Bila

Jan 22, 2010
www.ozwatchstore.com
Country
Wanted; elinvar hairsprings or complete balance assemblies (uncut solid type) including hairsprings for 6/0s Hamilton 987A watches, let me know what you have and price thank you.

Bila

Jan 22, 2010
www.ozwatchstore.com
Country
Need a 4th wheel with pinion for a 16 Size US Watch Co of Waltham Dome Model, will buy the complete movement if I have to, thanks to all.

nedice

Feb 26, 2018
Country
Looking to find an Omega dial (prefer not ordering brand new, but "scrap") to fit this 14ky omega case/band. It is Case #325B. Need a crystal too, but that's a lesser concern.
Outside dimensions: 19.3 x 15.3; Inner dimensions: 18 x 14; Crystal dimensions: 16.1 x 12.2; Assumptions: Dial would be about 17 x 13 or so.
26169640238_31c4bc2e8d_z.jpg IMG_1448 by Ned Doolittle, on Flickr

timelyrestorations

NAWCC Member
Jan 26, 2001
Country
I am looking for the circlip retainer for the oscillating weight (rotor) on a Glashutte cal. 75 wristwatch. Does anyone have a source?

Regards,
Doug

Ethan Lipsig

NAWCC Gold Member
Jan 8, 2006
Pasadena
Country
Region
I need a yellow gold french bow for a stem that is 9mm wide, preferably solid gold. If you have one that you'll sell to me, send me a PM.

oyster

Feb 15, 2017
Europe
Country
Hello, I need a crown wheel for a Longines 19.75N. Doesn't have to be NOS but must be undamaged, obviously.

Ethan Lipsig

NAWCC Gold Member
Jan 8, 2006
Pasadena
Country
Region
I need one or more Elgin C.H. Hulburd movements in good running order.

A Bez

Jan 26, 2018
Country
I'm looking for a size 18 crown and stem for a Illinois case. The inside of the case is stamped Illinois watch case co., Elgin, 21271.
Thanks

IMG_4397.PNG

Jim Haney

NAWCC Member
Sep 21, 2002
Decatur, TN.
Country
Region
Welcome to our Message Board.!!

Case parts were not standard and to repair or replace your stem & crown you would need a very large assortment of stems & crowns to find the correct one.

The easiest way would be to send it to someone who can do it for you that has a experience and A large stockpile of crowns &stems.

Tim Fitzgerald

NAWCC Member
Jan 2, 2016
Oak island North Carolina
Country
Region
I'm looking for a balance wheel for a Rockford 18s openface 17jewel Model 9, Grade 930, single roller pocket watch.
The part number taken from the Rockford parts catalog is #582 if you have one with a balance staff so much the better.
Thanks Tim

Ticktinker

Jul 7, 2015
Houston Texas
Country
Region
I need a Crown for a 16 size Emperor watch case, The tube stands proud like some railway watch cases.
I have already made a search through my large collection of various crowns, and nothing comes very close to this size and style.
The tube OD is about 4 MM and the outside of the crown it's self cannot be any larger than 7 MM to clear the bow arms.
The height of the tube is 3 MM. If anyone has any specific info about this part I would appreciate it.
Thanks to all.

Ticktinker

Jul 7, 2015
Houston Texas
Country
Region
I need a Crown for a 16 size Emperor watch case, The tube stands proud like some railway watch cases.
I have already made a search through my large collection of various crowns, and nothing comes very close to this size and style.
The tube OD is about 4 MM and the outside of the crown it's self cannot be any larger than 7 MM to clear the bow arms.
The height of the tube is 3 MM. If anyone has any specific info about this part I would appreciate it.
Thanks to all.
Photo for this hunt,,,

IMG_0710.JPG

Christopher Wilfong

NAWCC Member
Dec 1, 2017
Hi , I have a dueber 18 size case that's missing the winding stem screw , I have no idea where to get one . I also need a cap jewel for a Hampden model 2 , 18 size . Serial number is 138885 . Thanks Chris.

sergioag

NAWCC Member
Apr 8, 2018
Country
I'm looking for the center wheel top jewel for a Hamilton 992 (sn 2530242). Mine is cracked :(

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrydodge
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller