• Upcoming updates
    Over the next couple of weeks we will be performing software updates on the forum. These will be completed in small steps as we upgrade individual software addons. You might occasionally see a maintenance message that will last a few minutes at most.

If we anticipate an update will take more than a few minutes, we'll put up a notice with estimated time.

Thank you!

Obsolete clock parts wanted

R&A

Oct 21, 2008
Country
Last edited by a moderator:

David S

NAWCC Member
Dec 18, 2011
Brockville, On Canada
Country
Region
Re: 400 Day Schatz clock face screw holder assembly

You don't mention the dimensions. I have some that look like that with ID =.287", OD= .496, thickness =.210" single screw and no hole opposite the screw.

R&A

Oct 21, 2008
Country

Have you thought of making these ??

H/C
All you would need is some round stock a tap and a drill and drill press. You could even part them off on a drill press . I don't do this practice but it could be done. But dimensions are important.

H/C

Cuckoojohnboy

Feb 28, 2011
Country
Region

Ok - sorry for the delay - the brass collars would be easy to make but the problem is the teeny tiny set screw. I have access to some brass sleeve that would work but the screw is the problem. I currently have the original sleeve but the tip of the original screw is broken off.I've tried to measure the brass collar and I get .196 OD and .110 ID - I'm not sure I'm measuring correctly since I do not have an inside micrometer but it works out to about 7/32"" OD and 1/8" ID with a thickness of 1/32". Sorry I do not have a great micrometer and plan to purchase a better one in the future. The hole opposite the screw is not needed - I believe it was just easier for Schatz to make it that way. I have no idea where I could find a screw this tiny. Thanks so much for all your help.

John

David S

NAWCC Member
Dec 18, 2011
Brockville, On Canada
Country
Region

John just to confirm that the thickness or height of this assembly is 1/32" ? For sure that is extremely small.

R&A

Oct 21, 2008
Country

Ok - sorry for the delay - the brass collars would be easy to make but the problem is the teeny tiny set screw. I have access to some brass sleeve that would work but the screw is the problem. I currently have the original sleeve but the tip of the original screw is broken off.I've tried to measure the brass collar and I get .196 OD and .110 ID - I'm not sure I'm measuring correctly since I do not have an inside micrometer but it works out to about 7/32"" OD and 1/8" ID with a thickness of 1/32". Sorry I do not have a great micrometer and plan to purchase a better one in the future. The hole opposite the screw is not needed - I believe it was just easier for Schatz to make it that way. I have no idea where I could find a screw this tiny. Thanks so much for all your help.

John
You may want to try Ace hardware for those tiny screws. But I do believe that 1/32 is extremely small. These are the small rings that hold the face to the movement.

H/C

Jay Fortner

Feb 5, 2011
Chiefland,Fl.
Country
Region

John
John, try out this page,the screws are at the bottom.
http://www.pmclocks.com/Acrobat/HdwrAssortments.pdf

Kevin W.

NAWCC Member
Apr 11, 2002
Nepean, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region

I sent a pm to John on the clock part, i think i have what he needs. Trying to help a fellow clockie.

Kevin W.

NAWCC Member
Apr 11, 2002
Nepean, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region

You mean the plastic part that goes in the frame of the case.

Kevin W.

NAWCC Member
Apr 11, 2002
Nepean, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region

Let me have a look Jay and get back to you.

David S

NAWCC Member
Dec 18, 2011
Brockville, On Canada
Country
Region

Interesting that even those screws as small as they are are still too big. OP said the thickness of the ring was 1/32" (0.031"), the smallest screw is 0.9mm. I am not familiar with the part he wants. Does the thickness seem right?

Kevin W.

NAWCC Member
Apr 11, 2002
Nepean, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region

David i have been in contact with John and i am selling the part he needs.Yes it,s a small part.
I also helped Jay as well.

David S

NAWCC Member
Dec 18, 2011
Brockville, On Canada
Country
Region

Great Kevin. I am just keenly interested in understanding these things. I hope that I will be able to help others as well.
Enjoy your long weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BB767
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Swiss Fake by Kent