Obsolete clock parts wanted

ChilinInTime

Nov 1, 2011
Simi Valley, CA
Country
Region
Re: Clock Parts Wanted

Looking for a click or the whole mainspring with ratchet gear and click etc for my "Regulator" wall clock with Korean movement. Here is a pic of my clock, size is a little more than 3 ft tall. Unfortunately I dont have a pic of the movement yet, but I will get one if needed. Thanks!

295.jpg

Lloyd M

NAWCC Member
Dec 2, 2005
Iowa
Country
Region

I am looking for a Welby time barrel with 66 teeth that is stamped "G8S". Have not been able to cross reference to a Hermle #. Barrel is 41mm OD x 19.8mm thick.

Attachments

ChilinInTime

Nov 1, 2011
Simi Valley, CA
Country
Region
Westclox Big Ben Clock Spring

Hey everyone, Im looking for a Time Barrel with spring (Time Mainspring) (complete with the click and click spring etc) for my Westclox Big Ben. Anyone might have one laying around? My click spring is broken and I figure its easier to replace the whole part than try to re-rivet the spring. Im not sure of the model, but ill include a pics. If there is already someone offering one here, please lead me to that direction.Thanks everyone!

317.jpg
318.jpg

jredburn

Nov 1, 2010

View attachment 105657 I'm Looking for a gear for the world Clock I'm Hoping that someone has ran across this before and could point me in the right direction. I have call Howard Miller company and they said no longer have this gear I hope the picture helps
Thanks Fish
I have a CNC machine and I make wooden gear clocks and do repairs for others. I probably could make you a replacement gear but the picture is so bad I cannot tell.
PM me if you wish to pursue the matter.
Regards
Joe
-> posts merged by system <-
Dial needed. I am repairing a C & N Jerome weight driven mantel clock with a brass "A" frame movement with rolling pinions. It probably dates to the late 1830s. It is missing the dial. I would guess that the dial was about 11 inches square with a large center hole. Only a guess. It had roman numerals. The center to center distance between winding arbors in 3 13/16 inches and the c-c distance between hour arbor and either winding arbor is only 1 7/8 inches. Does anyone have anything that would work?
I make replacement parts for old clocks. Mostly I deal with wooden gear clocks but have built parts for others. I have CNC machine that can build almost any part for a clock. PM me with details if you are interested.
Regards
Joe
-> posts merged by system <-
Hi, all.

I'm looking for a click wheel (aka winding gear) for my 1920s Colonial 5-tube grandfather clock. I'm attaching a few pics to show what I'm referring to. As you can see, several of the teeth have broken off. (I'm still able to wind the clock, but I have to be very careful as I turn the crank so as not to break any more teeth off when the crank jumps ahead at the gap. Plus, if I ever wish to part with the clock, I can't very well sell it in this condition).

I'm also attaching a page from the 1999-2001 S. LaRose "Keep Book" catalog showing what I think is the one I need. (See red arrow). However, it's a little confusing because the description for the part describes it as having 18 teeth and yet while the side-view (with shaft) indeed shows 18 teeth the front-view next to it only shows 14 teeth. Also, it gives the diameter as 17mm but from the best that I can tell, mine is only about 15mm. :confused:

Of course, since S. LaRose is out of business (or operating under another incarnation in Russia or whatever), I'm wondering if there is anywhere else that I might obtain this part...? I've tried looking in catalogs for Timesavers, Merritt's, Ronnell, etc. (and online) but haven't had much luck.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
I can make a replacement gear for your clock. I would really like to have the original to copy. PM me if you are interested.
Regards
Joe

jredburn

Nov 1, 2010
Re: Nutone Finial and Forestville Spandrel Wanted

This is a long shot.... but I am looking for a finial for my Nutone clock / doorbell and a spandrel for my West German-made Forestville chain driven wall clock. If anyone has either of these items that they would want to sell I would really appreciate it!

I look for this finial from time to time on a regular basis - no luck! I would swear that this finial pattern was made special for this clock and this clock only.....

279.jpg

280.jpg

281.jpg
I can make a replacement finial but would need the original to copy. i can match the wood but matching the finish/color may be difficult.
Pm me if you are interested.
Regards
Joe

jredburn

Nov 1, 2010

I'm looking for the first gear and possibly mainspring barrel for a Gustav Becker wall clock. The movement is stamped P48 M. The mainspring broke and stripped a couple of teeth on the barrel and one tooth off of the first gear.
Thanks
Chuck
I can make a replacement part for your clock. I would need to have the original to copy. PM me if you are interested
regards
Joe

Cuckoojohnboy

Feb 28, 2011
Country
Region

I am looking for cast metal pieces for an old Cute Ingraham Clock. If you have a pair, please let me know.

I was given this clock in a bag - unfortunately, I have the left front side but not the right. Does anyone know where I can get one made or buy a replica?

Thanks
John

Attachments

aka

Jul 3, 2007
Ansonia time side mainsprnig barrel , 9 inch drop movement

Hi :
I have this Ansonia time side mainspring barrel with a broken tooth. I was able to solder a new teeth but not sure if that would hold up to the pressure.

If any one has a spare barrel pls PM me, this is the movement used in statue clocks, with 9 inch drop, if i counted correctly it has 80 teeth, and takes a 3/4" wide mainspring, the barrels are not open, and takes a brass cover to close.

If not, any suggestions for stress testing/strengthening the tooth.
Thanks

Attachments

briarpatch

Dec 9, 2011

I have an old 16" square advertisers wall clock. The movement is an Ingraham series 33 with an Ingraham Model 17 motor. The motor appears to run fine. The problem is that some of the gears are worn and cause the movement to jam. I would like to find new gears (especially the plastic ones), new movement, or new motor and movement. Clock isn't worth much but belongs to a good friend and I would really like to get it running for him. Even a replacement movement will do as long as it fits into the case like the old movement. I appreciate any help provided.

Bill Bassett

NAWCC Member
Mar 16, 2006
Seth Thomas 6 3/4 movement

I need a Seth Thomas American style movement. The only marking on the movement is 6 3/4. The wheels and ratchets are so severely worn they cannot be reversed or repaired. The metal gauge on the wheels is very thin and the wheels are strengthened by a crimp or ridge around the periphery. Reasonable, usable wear is acceptable. Thank you.

Bill Bassett
615 N. Glenwood Ave.
Clearwater, FL 33755
(727) 442-7817

lsclockrepair

Dec 8, 2011

Seth Thomas ships bell clock movement needed. We also need the top 3-column holders for a Seth Thomas mantle clock and the columns. base2.jpg

columns.jpg

base.jpg

Tinker Dwight

Oct 11, 2010
Calif. USA
Re: Ansonia time side mainsprnig barrel , 9 inch drop movement

Hi :
I have this Ansonia time side mainspring barrel with a broken tooth. I was able to solder a new teeth but not sure if that would hold up to the pressure.

If any one has a spare barrel pls PM me, this is the movement used in statue clocks, with 9 inch drop, if i counted correctly it has 80 teeth, and takes a 3/4" wide mainspring, the barrels are not open, and takes a brass cover to close.

If not, any suggestions for stress testing/strengthening the tooth.
Thanks
Hi
As long as the solder is not used to take the force of the
tooth, only to keep it from sliding out. You didn't give a picture
of the tooth and wheel before the soldering so it is not
possible for me to give any advice on how well it might
hold up. The solder should be well sweated into the joint. It
looks like you have an excess solder blobbed on the outside
surface. This should be wiped off while the solder is still
hot and not filed off. One can not tell the quality of the
joint with the gob on top.
The tooth should almost require pressing into the barrel
and not have any wobble.
Tinker Dwight

aka

Jul 3, 2007

Thanks, and yes it is mistake on my end that I filed the excess solder.
I got the movement with a tooth already soldered, and it came out while I was inserting the mainspring into the barrel. There was lot of empty space, beneath the tooth, on the inside of barrel, and I decided to fill some solder.

You point is valid, that solder should not take the pressure, the tooth it self should take it. Thanks for the advice.

Philo_M

Sep 19, 2011
Country
Region

Does anyone know what style hands these are? I need a new minute hand that is 3.5 inches long. It's for a calendar regulator clock with a non-specific Made in Japan, no jewel movement.
Also, what sort of center nut could I use that is 1/16" inner diameter? It's tough to know which one to get because there's no name on the movement.Thanks.

Attachments

wgvanepps

Dec 21, 2011
Belgrade, MT
Country
Region

I have an Ingraham 06 movement and need a replacement for Gear 3 on the strike side. It's missing about 1/2" stretch of teeth. The entire shaft assembly would be nice.
Thanks in advance.

lifeisgud71

Jul 30, 2008
Nebraska
Country
Region

Hello and Good Day,
I have a Schatz 53, which had a ratchet self destruct. This is the second time I wound the clock and I will check the ratchet first from now on. Lesson after 2 bruised fingers and blackened nails. I do not have a donor clock and any assistance to find a ratchet would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Garry

Attachments

jimmy52

NAWCC Member
May 9, 2011
Missouri
Country

I have a need for a korean 31 day strike movement for parts any one have junker thanks

Jay Fortner

Feb 5, 2011
Chiefland,Fl.
Country
Region

Hello and Good Day,
I have a Schatz 53, which had a ratchet self destruct. This is the second time I wound the clock and I will check the ratchet first from now on. Lesson after 2 bruised fingers and blackened nails. I do not have a donor clock and any assistance to find a ratchet would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Garry
PM Clocks has a pretty good selectoin of 400 day parts. Got a suspension bridge for a 53 from them a few months back.

John P

NAWCC Member
Sep 17, 2010
North Carolina
Country
Region

Hello, Im working on a Gilbert mantle clock that has busted up inside from a spring explosion on the strike side.
I need the 2nd wheel. It is a strange looking part so look closely at the picture.
I would consider buying the complete movement if thats the only way to get the part I need.
HELP
John P1030025.jpg P1030026.jpg P1030027.jpg

snailwheel

NAWCC Member
Aug 20, 2010
Filer,Idaho
Country
Region
Re: Clock Dial Parts Wanted

I have many Herschede spare parts but no spandrels. Have you considered having one cast using one of the originals as a pattern for the mold.

Bruce Barnes

Mar 20, 2004
Re: Clock Dial Parts Wanted

Hi,does anyone have an ORIGINAL pair of club hands,2 1/2" minute hand,square arbor or pierced diamond with the same criteria?I need them for a J C Brown cottage clock.
Thanks,
Bruce

nutsbolts

Jun 30, 2011

I am looking for a count gear for a New Haven mantel works... any ideas.... nutsbolts

nutsbolts

Jun 30, 2011

I got one but the shaft is all messed up so the minute and hour hand will not go on.... nutsbolts

Ed O'Brien

NAWCC Member
Nov 30, 2009
Winter Park, FL
Country

Not sure all Schatz ratchets are the same size, but I just bought a couple with some other stuff at our mart. Can you give me any information. If mine fits, how does $5 sound (shipped)?

hookster

NAWCC Member
Jan 14, 2011
Pottageville Ontario Canada
Country
Region
Re: Marti Adjuster piece.

Wanted- Governor fly (lantern type) arbor for a Junghans 30 hour clock. I have the fly, just need the arbor. I am a hobbyist and don't have the necessary tools to make one. Would take the combination of the fly and arbor if required. Distance between the plates is a little bit less than 1 and 1/8th inch and the pivots are quite small. Thanks.

leeinv66

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Mar 31, 2005
Launceston Tasmania
Country
Region
Re: Parts Wanted

Have you considered dovetailing in a piece and cutting in the missing teeth Jay?

Jay Fortner

Feb 5, 2011
Chiefland,Fl.
Country
Region

Have you considered dovetailing in a piece and cutting in the missing teeth Jay?
Yes, but was concerned with the thickness of the rim and the fact that this wheel has full spring pressure on it. Sure would have been better if the teeth had stripped at one of the spokes. I was sitting here this morning and the thought occured to try to braze in the gap and recut. I've got some pretty small torch tips and plenty of brazing rod. It's gonna be tricky in not melting away the thin section.

leeinv66

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Mar 31, 2005
Launceston Tasmania
Country
Region

Yes, but was concerned with the thickness of the rim and the fact that this wheel has full spring pressure on it. Sure would have been better if the teeth had stripped at one of the spokes. I was sitting here this morning and the thought occured to try to braze in the gap and recut. I've got some pretty small torch tips and plenty of brazing rod. It's gonna be tricky in not melting away the thin section.
I wouldn't be too worried about the fact the wheel has full spring pressure on it Jay. Any barrel is only as strong as the width of one tooth! I'd file in a blank and set it in with some high grade silver solder. I tried brazing a wheel with bronze once and only once.:( I had to get it too hot for the bronze to take and that made the wheel brittle in that spot.

Snitz

Jul 9, 2002
Country
Region

Looking for verge for cuckoo clock movement made by the American Cuckoo Clock Co. Philadelphia . Thanks

Jeff Salmon

Apr 11, 2002

SETH THOMAS PART NEEDED

I am in need of a balance complete or a platform for a ST 5165 movement. This is the time only movement used in many of the bakelite cased clocks for the US Govt. My movement is circa 1944 and has a rectangular platform. The piece I am working on has a very rusty hairspring. Any assistance appreciated.

Last edited:

saskjoe

Dec 1, 2011
Country
Region
Re: Clock Parts Wanted A pendulum for delft clock

I'm wondering if anyone would have a pendulum for this clock. I have seen a picture of one. It is short and has a sliding hollow ring for a bob. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Attachments

saskjoe

Dec 1, 2011
Country
Region
Re:New Haven movement wanted

Does anyone have a movement and hands and alarm dial for this New Haven clock? The alarm dial goes in the middle of the clock's face. Also as seen in picture some wood trim parts are missing. IMAG0020.jpg

Shoals63

Jan 11, 2012
Seth Thomas Fly

Hi, new guy here. I have a ST 89 I have had for some 20 years, bought as a parts clock but have since been trying to get it going. I'm down to one missing part.

I need the fly fan and fly pinion. I have no skills to make one nor any desire for that matter. I would like to buy one if someone knows where I can find one short of buying another parts movement.

Thanks,
Jerry

moe1942

Oct 25, 2010
Alexandria, La
Country
Region
Re: New Haven movement wanted

I need a gong base for a Ansonia "Gothic" steeple clock. From pictures it is brass and appears to be secured from the rear. The mark from the original measures 1 3/4" with two holes.

Thanks..

saskjoe

Dec 1, 2011
Country
Region

r[SUB][/SUB]
Does the movement mount in wood blocks? Looks like a 30hr?
The label calls it New Haven Tigris one day striking alarm clock. There has been a half completed attempt to install some other movement but it does look like wood mounting blocks were used behind the stock movement. The alarm unit is in the lower left corner (equipped with its own winder) and goes off when a rod allows the lever on it's side to drop. The alarm can be deactivated by turning the bell so a flat area contacts the hammer.

tom427cid

NAWCC Member
Mar 23, 2009
Moultonborough,NH
Country
Region

Hi,
I just checked,thought I had a 30hr, not so lucky this time. Maybe next time.
tom

bajaddict

NAWCC Member
Jun 23, 2010
Country
Region

I am looking for a time only movement "Welby type" 8 day front winding movement.

I bought a Lux sunburst clock for my 'bro for x-mas. Try as I might, I think that the old movement is toast - the hairspring is wrecked and I just can't get her going. So I have been looking for one on ebay.

I have a Welby wall clock that has a movement that would work, but I don't want to scavenge this working clock:

IMG_7747.jpg

So I bought another working Welby clock on ebay..... but the center of dial to center of winding arbor is too great. I need a like-type of movement with a center of dial arbor to center of winding arbor distance of 7/8". Here is some pictures of the Lux movement that I am looking to replace:

IMG_7746.jpg IMG_7745.jpg IMG_7744.jpg

Actually, I kind of like the working Welby that I got & am cleaning her up now:

IMG_7748.jpg

MuensterMann

Mar 23, 2008
Chalet Cuckoo Case Decoration

I have this 1-day musical chalet cuckoo. I need a case decoration (on ledge below the face level) on the right-hand side to balance with the tree on the left. There was something there originally, but now there is just a hole with a broken off piece of wood in it.

I just looked at all the suppliers and cannot find anything. cuckoo front.jpg

If you have something I can use, then super! If not, any suggestions on what I can do would greatly be appreciated!!

Millay

Jan 11, 2010
South Coast, UK
Country
Region
Re: Chalet Cuckoo Case Decoration

I am hoping someone can help. i have a Hermel Weight driven movement with a chewed escape wheel. Does anyone have a spare or know where I can get one from it is a 241-033. I am in the UK.

Any help is really appreciated.

Andrew

matthiasi

Dec 3, 2010
Kelowna
www.inhoffclocks.com
Country
Region
Winding Key/Knobs for Jaeger LeCoultre Recital Clock

Looking for winding keys for a Jaeger leCoultre (similar to the pics attached below ) .
I need the swivel- winding knob on top center, as well as the smaller one directly below it. They Music Box winder at bottom left would be great as well, as the one I have is in very rough shape.

If you don't have one, maybe someone can email me a lead for these.
As everyone knows, JLC doesn't sell parts to anyone except their own repair networ, and my Customer won't spend the $500 to send it in to them (CH), plus parts etc.

Thanks

Attachments

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PMcGinty
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller