• Upcoming updates
    Over the next couple of weeks we will be performing software updates on the forum. These will be completed in small steps as we upgrade individual software addons. You might occasionally see a maintenance message that will last a few minutes at most.

If we anticipate an update will take more than a few minutes, we'll put up a notice with estimated time.

Thank you!

Obselete Watch Parts Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Huber

NAWCC Member
Dec 9, 2000
Indiana PA
Country
Region
Re: Watch Parts Wanted

PW&C, Please give us more info,ie size, model, SN, and a pic of the watch showing where the missing/broken springs are.

Tom

Hello all.

I'm looking for setting springs for a Hampden 302. Both the dial side spring and the movement side spring are broken so I need both springs or a donor watch with springs intact.

I'll make them if I can't find them but would rather save the time on this job.

PW&C

Registered user.
Feb 18, 2014
Country

Thanks anyway Tom.

There is only one Hampden model 302 and only two setting springs. Anyone who knows Hampdens would know what I need.

richiec

NAWCC Member
Feb 24, 2007
Brick, Ocean, NJ
Country
Region

PW&C, suppose someone has a junk movement and works on clocks or just Walthams, he may not know what he has so pictures are extremely helpful for those of us who have old movements around.

Glenn Davis

Oct 29, 2014
Alabama
Country

I need seiko parts #s 998610 which is called Indicator wheel and 999610 which is the indicator spring for a cal 6117-6420T world time watch. I have the watch stem that these parts slide on but somehow these two parts are gone. I have found the springs on ebay but the cog itself I haven't found. This parts is a cog that slides on the watch stem and rotates the world time bezel that is inside the watch. If anyone has any ideas let me know.

Glenn

HandyDan

NAWCC Member
Feb 25, 2015
Country
Re: Watch Parts Wanted - Hamilton 2987 Sweep Second Pinion

Yes, I thought the part # specs were in the the file, in fact, they are but the file doesn't load correctly . You can get a CD with all the info from the NAWCC Libarary
I can certainly try to get the CD. But if you see a part number for the 2987 Sweep Second Pinion that would be just as good - that's all I need.

PW&C

Registered user.
Feb 18, 2014
Country

Hampden 302's are always marked with "302" on the movement, so pictures are superfluous.

PW&C, suppose someone has a junk movement and works on clocks or just Walthams, he may not know what he has so pictures are extremely helpful for those of us who have old movements around.

Tom Huber

NAWCC Member
Dec 9, 2000
Indiana PA
Country
Region

Fine! I have a cubic ft box of Hampden parts. In this box, I have a small box of probably 200 miscellaneous little wire setting springs. I'm sure I have what you need. But, because it is above you to give further information, I know not to spend any time finding what you need. Good luck.

Tom

Thanks anyway Tom.

There is only one Hampden model 302 and only two setting springs. Anyone who knows Hampdens would know what I need.

PW&C

Registered user.
Feb 18, 2014
Country

Since the springs are missing, pictures would be impossible so what further information would you require? It seems that I have misplaced my factory catalog with parts diagrams for the 302.

Fine! I have a cubic ft box of Hampden parts. In this box, I have a small box of probably 200 miscellaneous little wire setting springs. I'm sure I have what you need. But, because it is above you to give further information, I know not to spend any time finding what you need. Good luck.

Tom

Jim Haney

NAWCC Member
Donor
Sep 21, 2002
Decatur, TN.
Country
Region
Re: Watch Parts Wanted - Hamilton 2987 Sweep Second Pinion

I can certainly try to get the CD. But if you see a part number for the 2987 Sweep Second Pinion that would be just as good - that's all I need.
Dan,
The part number for the Center Second pinion is 39010.

MINI

Sep 26, 2012
Country
Re: Watch Crystals

Anyone have a source for some negative set threaded sleeves (small ones) to fit wrist watch cases? I am in need of 3-4....

Willyrover

May 11, 2013

Looking for an Accutron 219 parts movement. Specifically the setting parts and associated screws. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

Willyrover

May 11, 2013

Thanks for the suggestions. That parts movement might be an option but $49 is a bit rich for my blood.

Glenn Davis

Oct 29, 2014
Alabama
Country

I understand I've ran into that problem before too. Shoot him an offer you never know he might sell it cheaper he is a great guy to deal with but I've never tried to dicker because the price is usually reasonable for what I needed at the time. I do know the 219 parts are extremely hard to source so good luck with your hunt. I use to play with 218's a good bit until the pawls became almost impossible to find and my eyes got tired so I sold off all my parts a few weeks ago.

Glenn

Nedredbeard

Mar 7, 2015
Paradise ca
Country
Region

I have hundreds of negative set sleeves but you're going to have be a little more specific. Do you have a picture or something? Measurements?

Nedredbeard

Mar 7, 2015
Paradise ca
Country
Region

IMG_1407.jpg IMG_1408.jpg Hi, does anyone have a set lever and clutch lever for an e.howard n size pocket watch. the clutch lever pictured on movement is a previously home made deal and not suitable.

MINI

Sep 26, 2012
Country

I have hundreds of negative set sleeves but you're going to have be a little more specific. Do you have a picture or something? Measurements?
Quick measurement tells me the one Elgin case needs a thread diameter of 2.7mm. The other Elgin case is a tad smaller.

MINI

Sep 26, 2012
Country

Dude, best i can do at this time. The ones i need look like these ones. Thread diameter ranges from 2.3mm to 2.7mm & needed for Elgin wrist watch cases. Length is slightly less than the thread diameter, say 2 - 2.4mm

Attachments

Glenn Davis

Oct 29, 2014
Alabama
Country

I need a stem and crown for a Russian 3602 pocket watch movement. I can find plenty in Russia but really would like to find one here stateside. Anyone have one sitting around?

thanks, Glenn

MINI

Sep 26, 2012
Country

Dude, best i can do at this time. The ones i need look like these ones. Thread diameter ranges from 2.3mm to 2.7mm & needed for Elgin wrist watch cases. Length is slightly less than the thread diameter, say 2 - 2.4mm
pic in post 43

bump//

MINI

Sep 26, 2012
Country

Thanks to Nedredbeard, it looks like i'm getting the parts i need. Very much appreciated!

Glenn Davis

Oct 29, 2014
Alabama
Country

I need the stem and crown for a Russian 3602 movement pocket watch. Anyone got a parts watch sitting around stateside? I can find one if I order it from russian sources but ready don't like buying from so far away.

Thanks! Glenn

gmorse

NAWCC Member
Jan 7, 2011
Breamore, Hampshire, UK
Country
Region

Hi,

Can anyone help with a hunting case crystal, diameter 22.0 mm (9 & 12 sixteenths in old money), and a height of 5 or 6, please?

Thanks,

Graham

Jim Haney

NAWCC Member
Donor
Sep 21, 2002
Decatur, TN.
Country
Region

Graham,
These are regular stock items from most suppliers. I have a assortment of Stella Hunting case crystals and keep it stocked with regular ordering
They are marked GHC -Size(22-226).

Dave Coatsworth

Senior Administrator
Staff member
NAWCC Business
NAWCC Fellow
Sponsor
Feb 11, 2005
Camarillo, CA
www.daveswatchparts.com
Country
Region

Actually, assuming Graham wants a glass crystal, it will not be that easy to find. Most glass crystal assortments started the hunters at 10 ligne or 22.5mm. Finding a hunter smaller than 10 is going to be a challenge, especially in a 5 or 6 height.

gmorse

NAWCC Member
Jan 7, 2011
Breamore, Hampshire, UK
Country
Region

Hi Dave,

Yes, you're right, a glass crystal is preferable.

Regards,

Graham

Glenn Davis

Oct 29, 2014
Alabama
Country

Looking for the special sized gold case screws and the gold regulator spring with screw for my Illinois 801 grade 16S watch .The case screws have a smaller diameter shaft and are shorter than normal case screws. If anyone has any of them please PM me.
illinois grade 801 full movement.jpg

Thanks , Glenn

Dave Coatsworth

Senior Administrator
Staff member
NAWCC Business
NAWCC Fellow
Sponsor
Feb 11, 2005
Camarillo, CA
www.daveswatchparts.com
Country
Region

Those are Mi-Emp crystals, which are really for open face. They are thicker than hunting (Geneva) crystals. They might work, however, if there is enough room under the hunting case lid.

gmorse

NAWCC Member
Jan 7, 2011
Breamore, Hampshire, UK
Country
Region

Hi Dave,

Thanks, I'd looked at those, but I believe a 7 will not give enough clearance for the hands, although there seems to be plenty for the outer lid.

Nedredbeard, thanks for digging those out.

Regards,

Graham

gmorse

NAWCC Member
Jan 7, 2011
Breamore, Hampshire, UK
Country
Region

Hi,

An update: I've found that the pin in the hollow centre arbor, (it's a Swiss movement), was slightly bent by a previous person trying to increase the friction between the pin and the arbor, thus causing the minute hand to wander up and down, fouling the dial and the crystal alternately. Now that I've made a new pin, the hand runs true and the existing crystal is no longer too low, so please delete this request.

Regards,

Graham

Bila

Jan 22, 2010
Country

Hi All,

Urgently in need of a early style 18s Hamilton Regulator (has a recess onthe inside, retains with the jewel screws) if someone would like to part with one.

Thanks to All,

Cheers,
Bila

Jim Haney

NAWCC Member
Donor
Sep 21, 2002
Decatur, TN.
Country
Region

Hi All,

Urgently in need of a early style 18s Hamilton Regulator (has a recess onthe inside, retains with the jewel screws) if someone would like to part with one.

Thanks to All,

Cheers,
Bila
Bila,
Be more specific or use a picture of the part.

Do you mean the regulartor whip spring, arm, or nut assembly, that moves the arm ?

Bila

Jan 22, 2010
Country

Apologies Jim, it is from a early Grade 939, Hanilton parts catalog lists an early and late one, chasing the poimter arm that reaches across to the fast & slow scale. I have looked at a lot of early model Hamiltons with serial numbers well before mine, they do not mount the same as they have a larger hole where they attach (push down) over the balance cock. The one on mine just sits on the balance cock and is retained by the jewel screws as they slightly overhang the mount point this is why the arm needs to have a slight recess on the inner edge closest to the mount point, the mount point is smaller diameter then normally seen. Maybe it is missing something like a retaining cap, although I did not think they used one. I will post photos as soon as I get a chance.

Cheers,
Bila

Bila

Jan 22, 2010
Country

Hi All,

Have at last worked out what I need with regard to the regulator, I need the regulator indicator arm and cap from either a Grade 937 or 939 18s Hamilton.

Thanks to All.

Jim Haney

NAWCC Member
Donor
Sep 21, 2002
Decatur, TN.
Country
Region

Bila,
The Hamilton Parts catalog list 2 size regulator arms for the 18s and only because the hunting arm has the lobe that goes into the adjuster on the oppsite side of the open face .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nrizzo
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Swiss Fake by Kent