• The Bulletins and Marts are again available online. The network connectivity problem has been fixed. Thank you all very much for your patience.

Obselete Watch Parts Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmorse

NAWCC Member
Jan 7, 2011
Breamore, Hampshire, UK
Country
Region
Re: Swiss Pocket Watch Crown Wheel

Anyone?

S.Humphrey

Oct 4, 2012
Maryland
Country
Region

Sorry Graham, I looked but didn't have anything quite like that.

Looking for a balance/hairspring assembly for a Seiko movement 4205a. Part #310 421.
Please message me if you have one, or know a good Seiko parts supplier that would.

All the best,
S

gmorse

NAWCC Member
Jan 7, 2011
Breamore, Hampshire, UK
Country
Region

Hi Shiny,

Thanks for looking. Afraid no Seiko parts; far too modern!

Regards,

Graham

sderek

Jan 8, 2009
USA
Country
Region

Sorry Graham, I looked but didn't have anything quite like that.

Looking for a balance/hairspring assembly for a Seiko movement 4205a. Part #310 421.
Please message me if you have one, or know a good Seiko parts supplier that would.

All the best,
S
You can get the balance complete from Jules Borel for $19. I'm sure other suppliers stock it, as well.

S.Humphrey

Oct 4, 2012
Maryland
Country
Region

Thank you sderek!
Now I just don't understand why I'm not finding it? I've searched every possible way I can think of but it doesn't come up.
Did you actually see it listed?

cbaron

Jan 19, 2012
Jersey City, NJ
Hampden 12s Cap Jewel

Hi,

I'm looking for an upper balance cap jewel (in setting) for a Hampden 12s grade 300. I'd also be interested in a partial movement containing that jewel setting. Does anyone know if the other 12s grades have interchangeable balance jewels?

Thanks,
Carl

sderek

Jan 8, 2009
USA
Country
Region

Thank you sderek!
Now I just don't understand why I'm not finding it? I've searched every possible way I can think of but it doesn't come up.
Did you actually see it listed?

Sorry I missed your reply. I just logged in to Jules Borel, then clicked on "material database", then "S", then "SEK", then "4205A".
seiko 4205.jpg

HUDD

Apr 11, 2004
St. Albans, UK
Country
Region
Re: Watch Parts Wanted

Can anyone please help with a 3rd wheel bridge jewel in gold setting for either an Elgin 581 or Elgin 478 ? I believe both models take the same jewel and setting .

Mike

HUDD

Apr 11, 2004
St. Albans, UK
Country
Region

Also a 4th wheel bridge jewel in gold setting for either an Elgin 581 or Elgin 478 ? I think the last person to service this watch used a hammer and industrial oil can :???::???:

Mike

Jay Fortner

Feb 5, 2011
Chiefland,Fl.
Country
Region

Hey folks,I bought a 1879 model(Ser#1,777,438) Waltham 18s OF and am needing the fourth wheel arbor.
Also is there any interchangeability with other models.
Thanks, J.

Tom Huber

NAWCC Member
Dec 9, 2000
Indiana PA
Country
Region

Jay, A model 1877 (the HC equivalent of your model 79) 4th wheel should fit your watch. I might have one of those.

If interested, please PM me.

Tom

Toehead2

Aug 1, 2014
Littleton, MA
Country
Region

I'm searching for a center wheel jewel for an Elgin 12s Grade 321 17j movement (serial 12054092)

Mine has a cracked jewel that I would like to replace.

I would also like case that fits this movement (nothing fancy required)

G

gjaky

Hello, first time poster here.
I'm in need for a combined click-clickspring "Ebauches #434" for an FHF ST96-4N (or ST969-4N) movement, ofrei has it but I don't need anything else from them, so I'm not reaching the minimal buy limit. So if nothing else comes up I'm interested in a group buy at least, but any other offers are also appreciated.

A

airkewled

Hello, I am looking for a pallet for a 1873 Elgin pocket watch size 18s
sn 239282. The pivot point that protrudes into the jewel on one side is broke.

IMG_7588.jpg IMG_7589.jpg IMG_7590.JPG

richiec

NAWCC Member
Feb 24, 2007
Brick, Ocean, NJ
Country
Region

The pallet arbor is part #5, there were two pallets made for this grade and class depending if it was considered old style or new style, those numbers are 596 and 597 depending on the thickness of the stone in the pallet. Hope this helps some. Unfortunately all of my Elgins are newer and of no help.

A

airkewled

Thanks for the knowledge.

The pallet arbor is part #5, there were two pallets made for this grade and class depending if it was considered old style or new style, those numbers are 596 and 597 depending on the thickness of the stone in the pallet. Hope this helps some. Unfortunately all of my Elgins are newer and of no help.

leecreighton

Jun 9, 2014
www.leecreighton.com
Country
Region
Watch Crystals

Since I've gathered a few watch skills, I've taken to buying watches at auctions, fixing them, and reselling them so that I can buy more watches. And although I've no hard data on this, it seems like the most common thing that needs fixing is replacing crystals. I'm probably just blurring together all the batteries and bands and easy fixes, but I just get tons and tons if watches that need new batteries. My three most needed crystals right now are:

Pictures 1 & 2: a Clinton-Olma Automatic 25mm diameter. It's not cracked, but has turned a foggy gray.

Pictures 3 & 4: a Seiko Quartz 4004, 29 mm, 5N0971 on back

Pictures 5 & 6: a Fleetwood 17 jewels Automatic w/Calendar Window, 29mm. This may be made by Hamilton.

What info do I need (probably more than I have since each crystal has different thicknesses, edge slopes, etc.) to order the right crystal ?

I also stumbled across a $4.00 6" × 9" × 1" box full of what I thought were Timex quartz watches at a yard sale. Turns out it was about a dozen old working windup Timex watches (including a ladies electric that also works) and some others. Is there a special place I can get Timex crystals?

Finally, the most common diagnostic problem I have is that the watch "runs for a minute, then stops". The Fleetwood has that problem. However, after winding, it ran just fine for a couple of weeks, then started displaying the behavior again. Is this a tell-tale sign of something? That is, can you say something like "90% of the time, that is silver with cleaning" or whatever.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Attachments

leecreighton

Jun 9, 2014
www.leecreighton.com
Country
Region
How can I find these parts: Automatic spinner attachment

The first time I attempted to work on an automatic watch, I essentially killed a working watch within the first few minutes.

This is a Clinton-Olma Automatic watch, pictures 3 and 4 below. I have been told that this is a very common swiss movement, and it's one of my favorite pieces.

Pictures 1 and 2 show what's missing. There was a fastener (screw?) that held the spinning weight on. Also, there was a small flat metal/chrome pin that held the spinner on from the bottom. Both were victims of my primitive tweezer skills, flying away to wherever it is that tiny parts go.

Any help or ideas?
xyzzytom_233370 xyzzytom_233369 xyzzytom_233363 xyzzytom_233364

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim Shewchuk

Jul 31, 2014
Re: Watch Crystals

Since I've gathered a few watch skills, I've taken to buying watches at auctions, fixing them, and reselling them so that I can buy more watches. And although I've no hard data on this, it seems like the most common thing that needs fixing is replacing crystals. ...
Pictures 3 & 4: a Seiko Quartz 4004, 29 mm, 5N0971 on back
Lee, Seiko parts and crystals are cross-referenced by the case number which is usually an 8-digit number stamped on the outside of case back. In the case of your pictured Seiko, it was 0903-7009. The first part indicates that the watch uses a caliber 0903 movement. In the case of that watch, the crystal part number is 300T20ANG. (30 mm diameter Acrylic plastic with a gold color edge)

prideofmatchingham

Dec 13, 2011
Kolkata, India
Country

Need complete balance ( balance staff and hairspring) original Rolex for Rolex Prince Imperial, Cal 800/850. Any help would be apppreciated.
Thanks

Daniel W.

May 31, 2012
Alabama
Country
Region
Escape for 17 jewel model '92 Waltham

I need an escape for a model '92 17 jewel Waltham. I "Think" any 17 jewel will work but my watch is a first run Appleton Tracy if that matters

curly

NAWCC Member
May 17, 2001
Northern Wisconsin
Country
Region
Re: 992 Part needed

I just found that the hairspring collet for my 992 (serial # 1747768) has a crack. I am looking for the collet or collet and hairspring. Any help in locating this part is greatly appreciated.

thanks, curly

Daniel W.

May 31, 2012
Alabama
Country
Region
Hampden 18 Size Model 3 Grade 64 staff

I need some HELP. I have a Model 3 grade 64 Hampden. I need a staff or if somebody will give me the part number so I can search for one on the bay.

gmorse

NAWCC Member
Jan 7, 2011
Breamore, Hampshire, UK
Country
Region

Hi,

This post can be removed now, as I've had a wheel made.

Regards,

Graham

Willyrover

May 11, 2013

Thanks for the helping me locate the washer for the Crescent St. watch and the centre wheel pinion for a B. W. Raymond. Bob McKnight had both. Now onto the next project...

Would anyone happen to have or know the part number for dial screws, Omega Calibre 351?

Al J

Jul 21, 2009
Canada
Country
Region

Thanks for the helping me locate the washer for the Crescent St. watch and the centre wheel pinion for a B. W. Raymond. Bob McKnight had both. Now onto the next project...

Would anyone happen to have or know the part number for dial screws, Omega Calibre 351?
Part number is 72200002501.

Cheers, Al

MINI

Sep 26, 2012
Country
Langendorf movement parts needed

Two parts to this request. I realize this is a 10 1/2 ligne Langendorf movement but i am unable to identify the model# so help in that area would be appreciated. Then i need a stem & a crown to fit this movement. Any takers?

Cico-Langendorf 5 movement 2.JPG Cico-Langendorf 5 movement.JPG

MINI

Sep 26, 2012
Country
Re: Langendorf movement parts needed

No one able to identify that movement?

Jim Haney

NAWCC Member
Sep 21, 2002
Decatur, TN.
Country
Region

Your movement may have the number under the balance assembly.If you find it them what?

It is very old, indicated by the smooth uncompsenated balance wheel.

It may be to old or obselete to get any parts for, unless you find a donor movement.

MINI

Sep 26, 2012
Country

There is a number "5" just under the edge of the balance wheel but i can't find any reference to a Langendorf movement #5 so i'm unsure if in fact that is the model #.

Willyrover

May 11, 2013

I have two levers from English pocket watches that have snapped pivots. Looking for someone with the skills to replace pivots on one or both levers for a reasonable price.

(I assume drilling the end and inserting pivot wire would be the way to go?)

Thanks.

Attachments

Cam Parkin

New User
Dec 21, 2014
Country

Hello,

I have an antique watch from my family. Unfortunately, the crystal has recently cracked and is falling out. I am not sure how easy it is to find a replacement, but any help would be greatly appreciated. I have attached photos with a ruler for scale. Please let me know if any other info is required. I live near Toronto in Canada.

attachment.jpg attachment.jpg

Cheers!
Cam

richiec

NAWCC Member
Feb 24, 2007
Brick, Ocean, NJ
Country
Region

Any information on the movement or case as to the manufacturer? That can help immensely when looking for crystals. Measurements in mm are almost a must as most wristwatch crystals seem to be listed that way.

Smudgy

May 20, 2003
Country
Region

Check for any writing on the inside of the back cover for information on the case.

riadas

Oct 30, 2014

Dear sirs, I have a Patek . Unfortunately it is broken, a part or parts are missing and I want to restore it - any help in finding the missing parts would be appreciated.
Please see photos

IMG_2329.jpg IMG_2331.jpg

richiec

NAWCC Member
Feb 24, 2007
Brick, Ocean, NJ
Country
Region

That watch needs more than parts, it looks like it has been a little underwater and may have a load of rusted parts internally which may have ruined the hairspring, balance wheel and many of the pivots, someone needs to take it apart for a full assessment of what is needed and if it is economically repairable.

riadas

Oct 30, 2014

Merry Christmas and thank you for your replay. According to two watchmakers who saw the watch they said that the only problem that they had is that they couldn't find the missing parts

riadas

Oct 30, 2014

I do not know, the first one he kept it a week and said that is too old to find the parts, the second watcmaker (an old one) just opened the dust cover, saw it and said something about an axle is missing and he also said that it was impossible for him to find such a part. So since him with just one look realized that something was missing I thought it would be something obvious for a wathcmaker and that someone in the forum from the photo could help me identifying it so I could search for it in the internet and get it. Thank you

Smudgy

May 20, 2003
Country
Region

From the picture it looks like you are missing the escape wheel and pinion, and possibly the pallet fork and arbor.

riadas

Oct 30, 2014

So is it possible to find those parts for this watch ? Are there any parts numbers? Where should I look?
Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WoodPress
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-