• The Bulletins and Marts are again available online. The network connectivity problem has been fixed. Thank you all very much for your patience.

Obselete Watch Parts Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

lifeisgud71

Jul 30, 2008
Nebraska
Country
Region
Re: Watch Parts Wanted

Please delete lifeisgud71 post !!
Thanks

Last edited:

tkarter

Apr 14, 2011

I have a Bulova Military ww 10BNCH and need a sweep second gear.I have a good running movement but it is missing the sweep second gear.

Thanks
Is there any similar movement that have the part you need? I have a bunch of Bulova 10 B movements.

tk

WatchmakerWannaBe

May 25, 2013
Northern California, USA
Country
Region

Wanted:

Waltham 6/0 jewel series hairspring assemblies (complete is preferable, but not required) - Need 1, but would be happy to buy more.
6/0 size cases - would prefer round cases, but would take would I could get.

Waltham 8s hunter case to house a stem wind, lever set Waltham Royal model 1873 movement (nickel plate - very nice).

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

Candew

Mar 8, 2013
Michigan
Country

Looking for a third wheel for a 6s Waltham serial number 4154394.

This is a Model 1889 H Seaside grade 11J.

My normal watch repair guy says he can not locate one through any of his normal sources and says it is probably a rare one.

Barring finding one a source to have one made may be ok.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Daniel W.

May 31, 2012
Alabama
Country
Region
Re: Parts Wanted Dial For Crescent Street

I need a double sunk dial for an '83 Crescent Street with same script as on this one. The one I am posting is single sunk. $T2eC16RHJF8E9nnC7Q-WBRTLJrb3z!~~60_57.jpg

Regalansonia

May 11, 2004
Wanted: Seth Thomas pocket watch dial.

Does anyone have a very good to excellent Seth Thomas pocket watch dial, Arabic numbers, to fit a model 5 size 18 movement No. 248 for sale? A non- working loose movement or watch with a good dial? Please reply with condition and price. Thanks.
Al Stevenson
FNAWCC.

NC Plumber

Jan 15, 2011
Country
Re: Wanted: Seth Thomas pocket watch dial.

I have one with the feet @ 13.5 + 45 , is a nice dial with the exception of a crack from the center to the edge @ 33.5 , would probably clean up a bit better. $16 plus shipping.
seth thomas 014.jpg

NC Plumber

Jan 15, 2011
Country

I have this one, feet @ 13.5 + 45, no hairlines, cracks or chips. The single sunk seconds dial is dirty, not sure what thats about. I'm satisfied the dial hasn't been worked on or repaired.
$19 plus shipping, or I can run it thru an ultrasonic and see if the seconds dial will clean if its something you would be intrested in. We're only talking dial here, no hands nor movement.
seth 2 001.jpg

Daniel W.

May 31, 2012
Alabama
Country
Region
White Non-Magnetic Hair Spring for 18 size Waltham

I need a White Non-Magnetic Hair Spring for an 18 size Waltham. Would be willing to buy a whole parts watch if you don't want to sell just the spring.

Regalansonia

May 11, 2004

Hello. Thanks for the reply. Yes, I'd be interested in the dial. Would you mind running the dial thru the ultrasonic to see if the seconds dial would clean up to match the rest of the dial. Please let me know thru my regular email: al-dorothy1965@optimum.net

thanks.

Al Stevenson

NC Plumber

Jan 15, 2011
Country

I'm in need of a barrel bridge for a 18 size J.P. Stevens, made by Illinois. Gilded with the balance cock to the right of the barrel bridge.

DaveyG

Mar 21, 2005
North Wales, UK
Country

I am looking for an escape wheel (#705 - two straight pivots) for an FEF Cal 371 (6 3/4 x 8''').

Thanks all.

NC Plumber

Jan 15, 2011
Country

I'm in need of a white gold filled 14 size case to house a Waltham Colonial. I could use 3 or more, but one would suffice for time being.

prideofmatchingham

Dec 13, 2011
Kolkata, India
Country

I need complete crown set (crown, winding rod,tube, if that is whatc watchmaker meant) for my Waltham 0 size, 7jewel, 1891 model Waltham wrist watch with porcelain dial. Photos of the movement are attached, just in case it is of help. Everything is there including the case.
w5.jpg w6.jpg w1.jpg w4.jpg w2.jpg w3.jpg

This is the movement. I dont know if it helps or not. But i want the winding rod,crown and tube. Pl PM me for further discussion.

prideofmatchingham

Dec 13, 2011
Kolkata, India
Country
Re: Colnial Cases

I need two Record geneve triple calendar moonphase sub second watches.Both have their moonphase parts misssing. Cal C 107. Any help?

jon_sinon

New User
Aug 8, 2011

Elgin 18s, 23J Vertis Dial Needed

I need a Vertis rail road dial desperately. I f you have one and are will to part with it, please contact me ASAP.

Thanks in advance,

Jon

hotridfordaj

Jul 31, 2013
union county, Illinois
Country
Region

Hello. I'm searching for a winding crown and stem for a 16s Hamilton 992b. Stainless steel case. Case says Hamilton watch co. This model, the stem is held BY a screw on the movement. Watch has a lot of sentimental value to my customer. Any help?

Jim Haney

NAWCC Member
Sep 21, 2002
Decatur, TN.
Country
Region

A Hamilton 992B in a Model 15 Case is a 1950's-60's watch and the stem is free and when you remove the movement the stem stays in the pendant. It is a short stem and is held in place by threading it in the crown.

Last edited:
J

JRoz

Cortebert cal. 519 case

I am looking for case for a Cortebert cal. 519 pocket watch which measures 43mm in diameter - 19 lignes and is 4 mm thick. The winding stem is at the 3 which leads me to believe that it was originally in a hunters case, but that is not important. Thank you.

Dutto11

Jul 12, 2006
Brisbane, Australia
Country
Region
Re: Watch Parts Wanted for a Hamilton 900, 920

Hi friends,
I have a couple of Hamilton 920's movements that need cases.
Now I know that either a 910 or 914 size case will fit and finding one of those is like finding Hens Teeth.
So I was wondering if there are any other cases that will substitute for the 'Hamilton' case.

The pictures below are a guide of what the movement looks like and not the one that needs the case.

Thanks for your help.
Gary

Attachments

Jim Haney

NAWCC Member
Sep 21, 2002
Decatur, TN.
Country
Region

Gary,
I did a search on Hamilton 12s cases and found an old post of mine.

I will try to find my chart on Hamilton 12 size cases and post the difference in sizes

They require special Hamilton cases made for them to fit properly. they will not interchange with a standard 12s watch.

To be technical about the sizes you may copy this information.
Cases are larger than conventional 12 size. Pillar plate diam. 1.630 case opening diam. 1.605. These are special sized Hamilton cases.

Pillar plate diam.1.565 Case opening diam.1.537 Cases are smaller than regular 12 size

A regular 12 size case is 1.567

Because of the GOLD rush most Hamilton 12s &10s cases have been melted, so stay away from the movements, unless you just collect movements.

Jay Fortner

Feb 5, 2011
Chiefland,Fl.
Country
Region

Gary,
I did a search on Hamilton 12s cases and found an old post of mine.

I will try to find my chart on Hamilton 12 size cases and post the difference in sizes

They require special Hamilton cases made for them to fit properly. they will not interchange with a standard 12s watch.

To be technical about the sizes you may copy this information.
Cases are larger than conventional 12 size. Pillar plate diam. 1.630 case opening diam. 1.605. These are special sized Hamilton cases.

Pillar plate diam.1.565 Case opening diam.1.537 Cases are smaller than regular 12 size

A regular 12 size case is 1.567

Because of the GOLD rush most Hamilton 12s &10s cases have been melted, so stay away from the movements, unless you just collect movements.
Man!,these gold prices are killing us!

toshik

Sep 6, 2013
PVB
Country
Region
Re: Watch Parts Wanted for a HAMPDEN 16 SZ

Need regulator (old fancy-shapped) and dial for Hampden 16 size model 108D. Also need Hampden size 16 hairspring with collet and stud assembly (WmKinley, 108, 109 etc.) and hands.

cbaron

Jan 19, 2012
Jersey City, NJ
Elgin 430 Pallet Bridge Wanted

Hi, I'm looking for a pallet bridge for an Elgin 6/0 size grade 430. I'd be willing to buy a parts movement.

Jim Haney

NAWCC Member
Sep 21, 2002
Decatur, TN.
Country
Region

John,
You need to clarify this by a stating either a single or 2 piece pallet,single or double roller.

Jpmoran11

Feb 17, 2013
El Paso tx
Country
Region
Hour wheel 19j 18s vanguard

Does anyone know where I can find hour wheel for 19j 18s vanguard? I just got taken on ebay. I bought this movement. Broken hairspring from stud and missing hour wheel. Please help.

I moved this from the PW forum and sent jp a PM of what I did.
Jim Haney

Last edited by a moderator:

John Pavlik

NAWCC Member
Dec 30, 2001
Green Bay, Wi
Country
Region

Thanks Jim, The pallet itself is one piece.. it has a Dbl roller and motor barrel.. the serial number is 1407169..any help would be appreciated.. Hamilton 940

Keven

Jun 30, 2007

Hello all.
I need the sub-second hand fourth wheel for a Rolex model 59, FF (Fontainmelon) 30.
I also need a Rolex 1570 hairspring.
Thank you.

tkarter

Apr 14, 2011

I am in need of a 4th wheel and pinion for an Elgin grade 291. If anyone can provide one or the where to get one it will be appreciated.

Jim Haney

NAWCC Member
Sep 21, 2002
Decatur, TN.
Country
Region
Need Cannon Pinion for 18s Elgin

I need a Cannon Pinion for a Elgin part #1855. it is different from the regular lower grades models. This fits a Veritas.

T

tallguy888

verge watch parts needed

Hi everyone

I'm totally new to the site, I'm a keen collector of 18th century pair cased watches. I'm desperately trying to find some spare parts from under the mainspring. Basically I'm looking for the worm gear parts.
Can anyone help? Thanks Derek

BGresham

Dec 6, 2013
Need Cannon Pinion for 18s Elgin

Need complete balance assembly for Elgin 6s grade 45 - hunting case. Or parts movement.

Last edited:

BGresham

Dec 6, 2013
Re: Need Cannon Pinion for 18s Elgin

Need complete balance assembly for 16s Elgin grade 290 - hunter case. Or parts movement. Might get by with just staff and hairspring. Thanks.

John Hubby

Senior Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Life Member
Sep 7, 2000
The Woodlands, TX
Country
Region
Re: verge watch parts needed

Hello Derek, and welcome to the NAWCC Message Board. For you info we have a special thread in the Watch Repair Forum where you can place your requests for specific parts such as you have asked here.

I'm moving this to the "Watch Parts Wanted" thread in Watch Repair. Good luck with finding what you need and the repair of your watch.

Denis Campbell

Dec 13, 2013
Westerlo, NY
Country
Region

Hello,

I am new member and started collecting, then started reading. Same old story. Anyways I have about 18 pocket watches and looking for a few parts.

First is a Waltham 3 model 1883 sn 4371163 18s WM Ellery that I need a mainspring for.

Second is a Waltham 24 sn 612771 model 1888 16s that I need the fine adjustment for the regulator as well as a screw that holds the jewel setting on the balance cock.

Third is a Waltham PSB sn 14061587 model 1899 16s that I need the minute hand and crystal.

Last but not least an Illinois Bunn Special two tone sn 1647700 size 18s Model 6 I need a balance staff for.

I have a watch maker local I am dealing with and would like to try and get the parts myself so he doesnt have to. As well I would like to start tinkering myself. I just ordered a toolkit 1 plus pin vice, hand setting tool, and hand pullers from timezone and want to try some simple things. But most will be done by my watchmaker as I read and learn more. I want to get to a point that I can disassemble clean and oil these American pocket watches which means a lot more reading and learning but doing repairs is something I want to leave to the pros. Just to do this normal service will still cost me as I have to invest at least another 500 to 600 in lubrication, applicators, cleaning machine and solutions.

Thanks,
Denis

Jay Fortner

Feb 5, 2011
Chiefland,Fl.
Country
Region

Mr. Denis, Up there at the top of the watch repair opening page(sticky) is a thread listed watch parts suppliers. If none if those places have it,you don't need it.
Here's some money saving tips on the other stuff you need.
Clock/watch cleaning machine=microwave oven(bet you already got one of those)
Cleaning solution can be made by mixing;
1 gal,household ammonia
3.5 oz murhpys oil soap
3.5 oz real pine-sol
For watches I place the parts in a short glass peanut butter jar or tumbler glass filled to within 1/2" from the top. Pop it in the nuke for one minute,strain out the parts then back in the jar or glass with distilled water and back in the nuke for 1 minute,strain,then dry thoroughly.
Oil dippers are relatively inexpensive,OIL IS NOT!!!,spend your money there.

deloid

NAWCC Member
Nov 30, 2002
Country
Region

Hi Denis,

I spent most of my years as a clockmaker but now I am well into watch repair.PM me and I might be able to give you a heads up on what speed bumps you might hit.

Denis Campbell

Dec 13, 2013
Westerlo, NY
Country
Region

Thanks Jay,

I have noted your solution recipe. Also I have looked at the parts sticky post, I found some parts at Jules Borel. I am sure as I have a need for other parts these will come in handy.

Mr. Denis, Up there at the top of the watch repair opening page(sticky) is a thread listed watch parts suppliers. If none if those places have it,you don't need it.
Here's some money saving tips on the other stuff you need.
Clock/watch cleaning machine=microwave oven(bet you already got one of those)
Cleaning solution can be made by mixing;
1 gal,household ammonia
3.5 oz murhpys oil soap
3.5 oz real pine-sol
For watches I place the parts in a short glass peanut butter jar or tumbler glass filled to within 1/2" from the top. Pop it in the nuke for one minute,strain out the parts then back in the jar or glass with distilled water and back in the nuke for 1 minute,strain,then dry thoroughly.
Oil dippers are relatively inexpensive,OIL IS NOT!!!,spend your money there.

ANDY YALE

Jun 14, 2013
Jersey City, NJ
Country
Region

Denis - I'm following a similar road, and have found that by keeping an open mind, being curious and "giving it a try" I have been able to increase my skills beyond what I imagined would ever be possible six short months ago. I work on cheap watches or junkers so little is at stake. Like yourself, the few good watches I have, I leave to a pro.

Practice is essential, and courage. This website has been invaluable - this is a place you can get reliable, expert information and lots of encouragement and support.

I have a bunch of Waltham parts - I'll go thru and see if any of them match your needs -

best,

Andy https://mb.nawcc.org/images/imported/2013/12/1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WoodPress
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update