Obselete Watch Parts Wanted

Discussion in 'Obsolete Threads' started by Barb B, Jul 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. sderek

sderek Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Watch repair/ Watch sales
    USA
    Country Flag:
    Re: Watch Parts Wanted

This sounds like another job for Bob McKnight, Bryan Eyring, or Brian Cavanaugh. See their contact info here.

2. Karlo G

Karlo G Registered User

Feb 17, 2009
    Watchmaker
    Rheinberg near Duesseldorf germany
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:

I try this, thx

Karlo

3. Jim Haney

Jim Haney Registered User
    NAWCC Member Donor

Sep 21, 2002
    Male
    Working the farm, Garden,horses, goats, chickens,
    Decatur, TN.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:

I found a couple of these and will drop them in the mail today.

4. sderek

sderek Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jan 8, 2009
    USA
    Country Flag:

Thank you very much!

5. sderek

sderek Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jan 8, 2009
    USA
    Country Flag:

I'm in need of some friction jewels with cylindrical hole (plate jewels). The outer diameter is 1.2mm and the hole diameter is .3mm

Thanks in advance!

6. technitype

technitype Registered User

Feb 19, 2012
    Electro-mechanical technician
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:

I am trying to restore a Bulova lady's pendant watch.

I am trying to find a Bulova #117 crown.

Does anybody have one?

7. sderek

sderek Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jan 8, 2009
    USA
    Country Flag:
    #57 sderek, Jan 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2013

If you know this is the original Bulova part number, I'd suggest giving McCaw's a call or send them an email.

8. orionstars

orionstars Registered User

Nov 2, 2011
    Country Flag:

Afternoon All,
    I have an 18s, 15j Elgin Grade 27 B.W. Raymond that I am in need of some parts for. So I thought I'd drop it here and see if anyone has some:

Stop Male Works (X11)
    Case Screws x2 (903)
    Dust Band (x254)
    a new main spring (x812/ strength 0.00875)
    Now for the hard one - a new roller jewel (x559)
    I also need a new sleeve for the case - but don't know how to ask for/describe what I need.

The items in parentheses are the reference/part numbers I found on the elginwatchparts.com site - so I don't know if it will help others in ID'ing these parts.
    Thanks everyone regardless!

9. sderek

sderek Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jan 8, 2009
    USA
    Country Flag:
    #59 sderek, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2013

This sounds like another job for Bob McKnight, Bryan Eyring, or Brian Cavanaugh (for everything but the mainspring, and perhaps the sleeve). See their contact info here.

You can order a new mainspring by part number and dimensions from just about any supplier... Cas-ker, McCaw's, Jules Borel, etc.

It may be difficult to find an exact replacement for your sleeve without more information. To find a replacement, you'll either have to send the case to someone, or remove the sleeve and post photos and dimensions. Cas-kers offers a sleeve replacement service, but you'll have send them your case.

10. orionstars

orionstars Registered User

Nov 2, 2011
    Country Flag:

Thank you sderek!

11. technitype

technitype Registered User

Feb 19, 2012
    Electro-mechanical technician
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:

this is the Bulova part number for a yellow crown for a pocket watch. I got the number from a Bulova parts catalog. This crown has a #2 tap thread.

12. sderek

sderek Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jan 8, 2009
    USA
    Country Flag:

I've ordered countless wristwatch crowns form McCaws using Bulova part numbers,. Give them a call at 1-800-537-0343. Let us know if they were able to supply!

13. danw2002

danw2002 New Member

Jun 22, 2012

Accutron Date trip spring needed....2182f part from service man. is 582.

Well gang, almost got my Accutron going, had the classic date/day advance/not advance problem due to the weak date trip spring, so i was tweaking it, being very careful that it would not pop out and away.....almost.....bowwwnnggggg....very nasty way to fully clean your bench area...nope, not to be found...sooooo i need one, any one have one laying around....it is a 2182f , but as far as i know it is the same spring on any 2181~2 , if any know differently, let me know, the number from the Service man. is the 582 date trip spring....thanks gang...promise to post pic of it after, it was a mess....

14. sderek

sderek Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jan 8, 2009
    USA
    Country Flag:

Dashto has them in stock for $2. Here is their New Customer Information page.
    029.700 $ 2.00Accutron 218D part #582, date trip spring, genuine, nos, p&i. (Quantity 2)

But, I believe he has minimum order. Maybe you can find something else to order? Or you could call around to the material houses- their contact info is in the Parts Sources sticky.

15. tkarter

tkarter Registered User

Apr 14, 2011

I am needing a pallet fork for a 21 jewel 18s Rock Island swiss pocket watch. This part seems to be very hard to locate. Anyone who can point me to one it would be greatly appreciated.

tk

16. danw2002

danw2002 New Member

Jun 22, 2012

hehe, yep, thanks. was going through his list, but posted here to get the ball rolling before i found the part in his list....now what else do i need/want/got to have......mmmm

17. sderek

sderek Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jan 8, 2009
    USA
    Country Flag:

You'd be surprised by how many of the other parts suppliers ((Jules Borel(actually, they list this one as discontinued), Cas-ker, McCaw's, etc.)), have these parts in their inventory. You could always contact one of them and order it. None of the others have minimum order amounts.

18. sderek

sderek Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jan 8, 2009
    USA
    Country Flag:

Your best best may be to just find a parts movement for this one. Is the pallet fork gone or destroyed? Or do does it just have a broken pivot? There are watchmakers who could repivot it or turn a new arbor for a small fee. I've also seen assortments of pallet arbors.

19. tkarter

tkarter Registered User

Apr 14, 2011

It is there but there is nothing for the roller jewel to use on it. Yes I am looking for a parts movement. They don't seem to come up too often either. Maybe I will try and take a less rare piece and cut and weld it to the pallet fork. That is what it is probably going to take to get it running again.
    tk

20. klevay

klevay Registered User

Jan 24, 2010
    South Florida
    Region Flag:

Hello!
    I'm wondering if somebody can help me to find a part I need. I have the Elgin 760 movement and the original Elgin case for it, but missing the original metal movement retaining ring. This is the type where movement and the dial are mounted on to the ring and the assembly is "dropped" into a case, if my guess is correct. The dial diameter is just a tad less than the opening in the case, so the dial is supposed to be "floating". Without the mounting to the ring, the movement will fall through. The case opening for the movement is 28mm and the movement itself is 25.6mm.

21. clocksiam

clocksiam Registered User

Aug 24, 2006
    South Caroina
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:

Looking for a case for Omega 16 J. Case # is 2292 (inside case back) On the outside of the case back is GB/159 A/2777.
    Jules Borel doesn't have it...maybe someone knows of another source.

Thanks so much!

22. sderek

sderek Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jan 8, 2009
    USA
    Country Flag:
    #72 sderek, Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2013

I've never had to find a complete case. Otto Frei has a good selection of Omega parts, so does McCaw's, but I'm not sure if either would have a complete case. Your best option would be to give one or both a call.

23. cburnett

cburnett Registered User
    NAWCC Member

May 1, 2009
    Country Flag:

Hello:

I am looking for an hairspring for an Hamilton 6/0 979F with split balance and steel hairspring. The part number is 579203 (old number 2561). Neither Borel, Frei or Mr. Brian C. have this hairspring. Mr. Eyring is looking to see if he has it. Should someone have this spring I would like to hear about it.

Regards

24. Cary Hurt

Cary Hurt Registered User

Dec 16, 2005
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:

While I don't know for sure if it would work, you might try searching for an Illinois 207. That was the parent/base movement for the 979 and many of the parts are interchangeable. The Illinois movements are much easier to find.

25. mrbill

mrbill Registered User

Jun 5, 2006

white-a-loy bestfit number 615a whould be available from most material houses.

26. 1430buell

1430buell New Member

Jan 17, 2013

Hi , I thought I'd ask on this link as well as a post put on earlier . Hamilton intramatic date mover / wheel hamilton-date-change-wheel.jpg tn.jpg

27. cburnett

cburnett Registered User
    NAWCC Member

May 1, 2009
    Country Flag:

Thanks for the information. Please forgive my ignorance, but I wonder if the alloy spring will work well with a split balance in normal wear? I would also like to thank Mr. Hurt for his reply.

28. cburnett

cburnett Registered User
    NAWCC Member

May 1, 2009
    Country Flag:

Mr. Hurt:

I just checked Borel for this #207 Illinois movement and they listed it as a 12/0 size. Please forgive my ignorance but I would like to ask if perhaps the 207 number is incorrect.

Thanks

29. Cary Hurt

Cary Hurt Registered User

Dec 16, 2005
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:

Charlie,

Yes, that number is incorrect. The 19 jewels threw me. The Illinois 207 is actually the base for the Hamilton 401, another 19 jewel movement.

Cary

30. 1430buell

1430buell New Member

Jan 17, 2013

Hamilton movement.jpg Can anyone identify this movement for me please Buren 1281 / Hamilton 92 ?

31. sderek

sderek Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jan 8, 2009
    USA
    Country Flag:
    #81 sderek, Jan 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013

The Jules Borel website has a very useful feature, whereby, if you click on any part (after finding the caliber you're interested in), another page will open, showing all the movements (or at least all the movements that Jules Borel is aware of) that share the same part.

Using this feature, I can tell you that the Hamilton 979, 979F, 987 and 987F all share the same steel hairspring. I just verified this information using my Hamilton Genuine Materials Parts Catalog.

It turns out I have a 987F with a broken staff, but a good steel hairspring. Drop me a PM.

32. sderek

sderek Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jan 8, 2009
    USA
    Country Flag:

I'm in need of a set bridge for a Citizen 3102 alarm watch. Can anyone tell me if the Japanese used a different name for this part? Jules Borel has quite a few parts for this caliber, but not the set bridge, and I find it hard to believe they would have other parts, but not the set bridge.

Thanks in advance!

33. sderek

sderek Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jan 8, 2009
    USA
    Country Flag:

Yes is does appear you have a Hamilton 92, and the basic movement would be the Buren 1281, at least it is according to the Jules Borel website.

34. sderek

sderek Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jan 8, 2009
    USA
    Country Flag:
    #84 sderek, Jan 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013

If this is the Buren 1281 (Hamilton 92) you are asking about, then you need the date indicator drive wheel, part number A/5213. These calibers all share the same drive wheel
    A/5213 (discontinued)
    DATE INDICATOR DRIVE WHEEL
    574/BUL 12EBAD
    Price Each$ 33.30
    Price Each (3)$ 0.00
    BM 13220AUTOMATICAT-CALENDAR-SW SEC INCA
    BUL 12EBABULOVA MECHANICAL
    BUL 12EBACDUSE BUREN 1321
    BUL 12EBADUSE BUREN 1281
    BUL 12ECACDUSE BUREN 1322
    BUL 12ECADUS BUREN 1282
    BUR 1281AUTOMATIC CALENDAR INCABLOC SMALL SECOND
    BUR 1282AUTOMATIC CALENDAR SMALL SECOND
    BUR 1321AUTO CAL SW. SEC INCA USES DOUBLE HR WHL
    BUR 1322AUTOMATIC CAL SW. SEC INCA
    HAM 62619,800 BPH AUTO
    HAM 62719,800 BPH AUTO CALENDAR
    HAM 629AUTO SS CAL SEE BUREN 1281
    HAM 630AUTO-CALD
    HAM 9230 JLS

You may want to check www.dashto.org, to see if he has any parts movements. And, of course, I always advise emailing and/or calling everyone on the Parts Sources sticky. I've come across some obscure parts, but I've had to call everyone I could think of. You can't rely on the internet for everything!

35. sderek

sderek Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jan 8, 2009
    USA
    Country Flag:

After a few email exchanges with McCaw's I was able to determine that Citizen calls this a "Set Lever Spring", it's part number 077-09. I now have the part in hand.

36. 1430buell

1430buell New Member

Jan 17, 2013

Thanks for your help

37. 6789

6789 Registered User

Dec 3, 2012
    hokgkong
    Country Flag:

hi lloydh if you tell me what parts you want i will help if i have them i only have vintage pocket watch parts hope i can help

38. menacekustoms

menacekustoms New Member

Jan 20, 2013

I am looking for a bezel for a Waltham model 1883 size 18 pocket watch. Trying to restore my Great Grandfather's personal time piece.

39. sderek

sderek Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jan 8, 2009
    USA
    Country Flag:

In this time period, cases were made by separate case companies and made so that they would fit standard movement sizes, so knowing the movement maker doesn't help at all. Even knowing the case maker won't help much, as there were so many styles and models made by each case maker.

If you need a bezel, consider sending the entire watch (be sure to insure it!) to Don Barret at City Bank Antiques. If he can't supply the bezel, you could send it to Jerry Grajzl in Ohio- he can make a new bezel for just about any watch. Their contact info is available on my website here: http://www.watchrepairinfo.com/misc.htm
    I've used both Jerry and Don with excellent results.

Before sending your watch through the mail, you might want to check out the bezels offered by www.dashto.org. They are listed by size, so you'll have to measure the ridge the bezel would rest on with a good caliper. There is slim chance that dashto has the bezel you need.

40. Dano4734

Dano4734 Registered User

I have several Illinois balance staff's for the 16 bunn special , old part number 1506
    if anyone needs one just PM me. They are very very hard to find

41. sderek

sderek Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jan 8, 2009
    USA
    Country Flag:

I need a white gold filled bezel for a wristwatch case made by the Illinois Watch Case company marked "Elgin Pride". The bezel measures about 27.4 x 31.4mm.

IMG_9574a.JPG IMG_9576a.JPG

42. sderek

sderek Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jan 8, 2009
    USA
    Country Flag:

I'm looking for an Ingersoll parts movement with a good hairspring. The movement is about 28.8mm in diameter.
    IMG_9578.jpg

Thanks in advance!

43. sderek

sderek Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jan 8, 2009
    USA
    Country Flag:

I'm looking for a long-tube seconds hand for a pocket watch. The tube must be at least 4mm long, and it's 7mm from the tip of the hand to the center of the post. The post is about .27mm.

Thanks in advance!

44. fijidad

fijidad Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Retired
    Escondido, CA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:

I've got in the pocket watch shown on the (hopefully) attached images. VERY interesting, as I've never seen one like this before. Someone along the way was very unkind to the dial, and also along the way, some pieces/parts went missing from the calendar function under the dial.

Any advice on where I could find such parts, or someone who could help me along the way? Any help would be appreciated. Also, any recommendations as to who could recreate a bezel for this case? Regards, Dan (I'll post this in the "Watch Repair" forum also. )

DSCN3435.jpg DSCN3434.jpg DSCN3433.jpg

45. sderek

sderek Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jan 8, 2009
    USA
    Country Flag:

I thought I had done the impossible, I found a staff for a model 1857 Waltham. Now that I've looked it over, it doesn't seem correct, see pictures. They're both about 5.63mm long, but the hub on the replacement is much too short, and the roller seat is a little too small in diameter.

I know it's a long-shot, but does anyone have the correct staff?

IMG_9584a.JPG

46. clocksiam

clocksiam Registered User

Aug 24, 2006
    South Caroina
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:

Thanks! We will check them out!

47. tkarter

tkarter Registered User

Apr 14, 2011

Is that a 30 jewel movement?

tk

48. richiec

richiec Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Male
    automotive warranty inspector
    Brick, Ocean, NJ
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:

Derek, the 57 staff you got is a #278, undersprung, long short waist, you need a #279, undersprung, long waist. Unfortunately I only have the 278.

49. sderek

sderek Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jan 8, 2009
    USA
    Country Flag:

Thanks, Richie. At least I know the part number.

50. sderek

sderek Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jan 8, 2009
    USA
    Country Flag:

I'd be willing to buy an entire case, as long as the bezel fits, as the case back has an engraving the owner would like to keep.