• Upcoming updates
    Over the next couple of weeks we will be performing software updates on the forum. These will be completed in small steps as we upgrade individual software addons. You might occasionally see a maintenance message that will last a few minutes at most.

If we anticipate an update will take more than a few minutes, we'll put up a notice with estimated time.

Thank you!

Obselete Watch Parts Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bila

Jan 22, 2010
Country
Re: Watch Parts Wanted

Thanks Jim, needed for a hunter, also need the retaining cap, early serial numbered 937 or 939 will fit.

Jim Haney

NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Donor
Sep 21, 2002
Decatur, TN.
Country
Region

Bila,

Send me a PM about the regulator. The part number for the jewel cap is 154010 and I don't have any and some of the grades that should have them I checked, so it is a serial number cut off at some point, when they stopped the cap and went like the rest of the bridges and it was part of the balance cock.

prideofmatchingham

Dec 13, 2011
Kolkata, India
Country
Re: Watch Crystals

Looking for a steel or gold watch case for Universal geneve tricompax. Will cal 287 or 481 fit in the same case?

Thanks

tcschung54

Oct 27, 2013
Looking for Center wheel for Illinois 12S 23J Grade 410 Model 5 PW

I need a Center wheel with pinion for Illinois 12S 23J Grade 410 Model 5 Pocket Watch. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
TC

Last edited:

tcschung54

Oct 27, 2013
Re: Looking for Center wheel for Illinois 12S 23J Grade 410 Model 5 PW

It turned out I did not need a new center wheel. I tightened up the pinion gear on the center wheel and the watch has no issue now.

Thanks,
TC

cburnett

NAWCC Member
May 1, 2009
Country
Hamilton Flight I Dial Wanted

Hello:

I would like to find a dial from a Hamilton Flight I. One that requires dial foot repair and/or refinishing would be just fine. Please send me a PM if you have one or know of a source where I may find one. I have one that is finished like those used on Flight II watches and would like to find a replacement with the more common version of the Flight I style.

Thanks

MikePilk

Nov 23, 2014
London
Country
Lever set mechanism for Waltham 1908 Grade 640

I need the lever set mechanism for a Waltham 1908 Grade 640.
The lever part is #4760 (screw 133), but looking at the scew hole and cut-out on the other side of the winder, there might be more needed ?

20150411_123523.jpg 20150411_123541.jpg

RailwayEagle

Dec 19, 2014
Deutschland
Country
Region

I enjoy working on antique pocket watches as a hobby. In the past month I have serviced 47 movements for friends, family, and resale. Doing the best I can to get the funds for more tools as I thoroughly have a lot of fun working on movements. There are a number of tools I'm currently searching for, but I'm not entirely sure where to start. I'm not rich by any means of the word, so buying from the "official" parts dealers is out of reach for me. I search eBay, but sellers never know what they have, list everything "as is", and often times I can't tell what they have just by the pictures.

What I would like to buy are broaches for changing unjeweled pivots as well as the chamfering tools. A staking set/press for putting in the new brass bushings, jewels, and replacing balance staffs. A tool for measuring the inside of jewels and pivots. I mostly work on 18s, 16, 12, 6, 0.

I have studied Fried's book immensely for doing these repairs, I just do not have the tools just yet. Someone offered me an old staking set for $800 but I'm unable to throw down that kind of money. Most of the ones on eBay are missing several components, and those are probably the ones I'll probably be needing.

Please let me know if you have any good tools for sale!

Tom Huber

NAWCC Member
Dec 9, 2000
Indiana PA
Country
Region

Railway Eagle, Look around for a staking set. I see them at NAWCC regionals all the time and they are much less expensive.

I got my current staking set about 10 years ago at my chapter's annual auction. It is complete and in excellent shape and cost me $17. Do look around for the right item at the right price.

Tom

Glenn Davis

Oct 29, 2014
Alabama
Country

I need both the top and bottom cap jewels (end stones) for the balance wheel for a Waltham 18S model 1892 "riverside" serial # 7006746. The top one in the cock is set in a raised gold setting but but the bottom is just a composite. I'm willing to buy a complete parts movement if you have one as long as these two parts are good.

Thanks!

Glenn

ggordon

Dec 23, 2001
Kentucky
Country
Region

I'm looking for a good double sunk, Arabic dial for a 16s Washington Watch Company Illinois Getty movement.

MikePilk

Nov 23, 2014
London
Country
safety Roller for 1899 Waltham Riverside

I need a safety roller for a 1899/1908 model Waltham Riverside 16s.
The Waltham part is #4877 (same for both taper and square shoulder balances)

Thanks

antiqueshere

May 9, 2015
Country
Re: safety Roller for 1899 Waltham Riverside

I am looking for a watch part for the following watch: Illinois Bunn Special Movement serial number 4998409. Size 16 21 jewels. I need the click spring. This part comes as a 2 part piece. The click and the spring. I need the spring only.

antiqueshere

May 9, 2015
Country

Hello, I have a photo of the broken click spring that was in it. I believe it is a style #3 1671 click spring. see attached photo of the broken click spring (tail broken off) clickspring.jpg

Mark UK

Apr 13, 2015
Lincs, UK
Country

Looking for a bezel ring (glass holder) for a Keystone 18s 'Sterling' Hunter watch case in silver (lever set preferred). The case I have is s/n 4208853

Nedredbeard

Mar 7, 2015
Paradise ca
Country
Region

moderator, i guess you can delete my offer for the illinois click springs, no reply from antiqueshere.

Jdidly

May 21, 2015
Kernow
Country
Region
Waltham parts required please.

Hi all. I'm looking for a seconds hand for a 1899 O/F 16s Waltham Traveller. s/n 10890885. Also looking for a glass but aware it's not that simple! In U.K

thanks,

Smudgy

May 20, 2003
Country
Region
Re: Waltham parts required please.

Jdidly, I don't have the parts you need, but just wanted to let you know...

You probably have enough information for the seconds hand, but you may want to provide the diameter of the seconds bit (the pivot that the hand mounts on.

The crystal size and type need to be known, so you will need to provide the diameter of the current crystal, or diameter inside the bezel if the crystal is missing. The crystal can be of several types, but most importantly the choice of glass or plastic, open faced or hunter, and for open faced if the generic style crystal is OK or if you will need a particular style.

Jdidly

May 21, 2015
Kernow
Country
Region

Hi Smudgy. Thanks for the reply. I don't have the tools to measure accurately, but thought I'd just ask and see if anyone could help. Trip to eBay I think! Thanks for the advise. Cheers

Nedredbeard

Mar 7, 2015
Paradise ca
Country
Region

Jdidly, I'm sure I have the parts but acurate measurements are needed and shipping would be a killer for 1 hand and a crystal.

Jdidly

May 21, 2015
Kernow
Country
Region

It's ok, I've got someone to supply and fit the parts (hopefully). Still paying £27 for the privilege, which is $47. It would be good to find an American supplier of parts and see what the prices are.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

cusimano

Feb 18, 2015
Country

Hello All,
I am in need of a Waltham 1857 pallet arbor.
s/n 477102
I would appreciate any help you could give me.
I'm doing a restoration on a family heirloom.

Thank you for your help.
Chris

Here is a pic of the offending arbor ...
broken_pivot.png

richiec

NAWCC Member
Feb 24, 2007
Brick, Ocean, NJ
Country
Region

I asked what the size of the arbor was on another board, let me know, I may have something for you.

rrwatch4me

May 31, 2015
Azle, Texas
Country
Region

I am searching for a complete balance assembly for a Model 1908 Waltham Vanguard (16s, 21J).
Also, searching for a set of hands for a early Howard Series 10 (16s). Thanks, Cliff

richiec

NAWCC Member
Feb 24, 2007
Brick, Ocean, NJ
Country
Region

rrwatch4me, you realize that when you change the entire balance, the watch is no longer original and, ok it runs, but no collector will buy it as the number on the balance wheel will not match the rest of the movement. Talk to Marty in Niagra Falls about hands, he is the man. Do you need a staff to make your watch run or what?

rrwatch4me

May 31, 2015
Azle, Texas
Country
Region

rrwatch4me, you realize that when you change the entire balance, the watch is no longer original and, ok it runs, but no collector will buy it as the number on the balance wheel will not match the rest of the movement. Talk to Marty in Niagra Falls about hands, he is the man. Do you need a staff to make your watch run or what?
Yes, I know. Mine needs a balance staff , safety roller, and hairspring. Finding a saftey rolled and hairspring are nearly impossible. Its just easier to find a complete assembly and rob the parts that I need. I have already talked to Marty and , although he fixed me up with a nice set of Hamilton 942 hands, he has no Howard hands at all.

Bila

Jan 22, 2010
Country

Hi All,

Looking for a dial to fit a "King Edward" 18s Rockford open face grade 845, needs to be marked "Plymouth Watch Co", does not need to be perfect, a few hairlines are fine.

Cheers
Bila

rrwatch4me

May 31, 2015
Azle, Texas
Country
Region
Pocket Watch Crowns.......

Wanted: New-Old-Stock Hamilton Bar-Over-Crown case crown marked "Hamilton Railroad" , yellow gold filled.
New-Old-Stock crown for 16 size Keystone J Boss case, yellow gold filled.
009.JPG

Bila

Jan 22, 2010
Country
Re: Pocket Watch Crowns.......

Hi Everyone,
Chasing a Gold Crown and a Stem to Suit a Rolex Oyster Tudor, Caliber 2422, case number is 7991/1, also a new crystal for the same.
Thank You to All.

Glenn Davis

Oct 29, 2014
Alabama
Country

I need a roller table for a Elgin 18S grade 349 model 7. I have the jewel but the table is broken. Part # I believe is 1884 without the jewel pin or 2382 with it. I've look everywhere with no luck so far.

Glenn Davis

Oct 29, 2014
Alabama
Country

[QU

[/QUOTE]
TE=cusimano;958376]
Hello All,
I am in need of a Waltham 1857 pallet arbor.
s/n 477102
I would appreciate any help you could give me.
I'm doing a restoration on a family heirloom.

Thank you for your help.
Chris

Here is a pic of the offending arbor ...
238200.png

would a 1877 model pallet fork work you think? If so check out Watches by HourMinSec - Waltham Pocket Watch model 1877 Pallet Fork & Jewels 18 size parts - American Waltham Watch Company and see if it might work. I have no connection with this company but I have boght from them and have been pleased. He has some pretty hard to find stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

richiec

NAWCC Member
Feb 24, 2007
Brick, Ocean, NJ
Country
Region

I shipped some 1857 parts to Chris this week, hopefully the pallet fork will fit his movement.

Lowrent

New User
Oct 31, 2014
Huntsville, Al
Country
Looking for a stem and case

Hello. I am looking for a stem for a South Bend, 12s, pocket watch, grade 407. The part number from the E & J Swigart Co. catalog is 1x5900. Does anyone know where I cane find one?

Also, I need a case for a Hamilton, 16s, grade 974, open face. Thanks for any information.

Tom Huber

NAWCC Member
Dec 9, 2000
Indiana PA
Country
Region
Re: Looking for a stem and case

I have some SB 12S stems, but be advised. These stems were cut and fitted to each individual SB case. No guarantee that any of the stems I have would be the right length for your case. You would also need a proper fitting crown.

Any standard 16S OF case will work for your Hamilton 974.

Tom

MikePilk

Nov 23, 2014
London
Country
Jewels wanted for Hamilton 992

Just bought a Hamilton 992 and found both balance jewels, and third wheel bridge jewels cracked.

I thought these wouldn't be too hard to find, but so far no luck.

Anyone have any spare, or know where I could get any ?

I think the part numbers are :

Upper balance jewel 465
Lower balance jewel 466
Third wheel bridge jewel 451

Last edited:

Dave Coatsworth

Senior Administrator
Staff member
NAWCC Business
NAWCC Fellow
Sponsor
Feb 11, 2005
Camarillo, CA
www.daveswatchparts.com
Country
Region
Re: Jewels wanted for Hamilton 992

Note that Elgin used 2 different pallet forks on this grade. The #2589 and the #2865. The cutover was serial number 15,799,501. So, if your watch is from 1921, you are looking for the #2865. Several grades used the same pallet fork, so it should be pretty easy to find one.

Lowrent

New User
Oct 31, 2014
Huntsville, Al
Country
Re: Looking for a stem and case

I have since found a stem. Also, thank you for the information on the case. I am pretty new at watch repair.

MikePilk

Nov 23, 2014
London
Country
Re: Jewels wanted for Hamilton 992

Just bought a Hamilton 992 and found both balance jewels, and third wheel bridge jewels cracked.

I thought these wouldn't be too hard to find, but so far no luck.

Anyone have any spare, or know where I could get any ?

I think the part numbers are :

Upper balance jewel 465
Lower balance jewel 466
Third wheel bridge jewel 451
I've just found a source for all these parts, so PLEASE DELETE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztrukin