• Member Voting Now through June 6. Check Your Email for a Link to the Online Ballot. The Ballot Contains Links to Each Proposed Amendment to Bylaws and Articles of Incorporation.

Obselete Watch Parts Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barb B

NAWCC Member
Dec 27, 2007
Country
Region
Derek

Thanks for posting this detailed information. You are a gem!

;)

sderek

Jan 8, 2009
USA
Country
Region
Watch Parts Wanted

Thank you for adding this section!
I'm in need of a complete (or nearly complete, I have a parts movement) Bulova 9AT movement in running condition.

pmwas

Dec 12, 2010
Sosnowiec, Poland
Country
Region
Re: Watch Parts Wanted

Hi!

Im in need of a... watch part :). I've got a nice Illinois 18s No 106 in an oresilver case (the best one I could find myself). The watch looks nice, but.. an oresilver case doesn't exactly match this movement for quality reasons, so I'd like to re-case it properly. In this very case properly means exactly a Wadsworth Pilot 18s GF case and no other. That is because with the movement there were devastated remains of a Wadsworth Pilot case and I'd like to restore it this way (to the condition the previous owner had it :) ). So please, if you happen to have a Wadsworth pilot 18s case and you're willing to sell it to Poland (PayPal preferred) please p.m. me!

terry hall

NAWCC Silver Member
Apr 12, 2001
Central North Carolina
Country
Region

Setting lever for a waltham repeater
16s
Model 1888

PM OR EMAIL please

Attachments

GeneJockey

NAWCC Member
Mar 2, 2012
San Francisco Peninsula
gjselgins.blogspot.com
Country
Region

I need a couple screws of the kind Elgin used on their mid-50s waterproof watches, to hold the back on. Like this...

122.jpg

THANKS!!!

Jim Haney

NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Donor
Sep 21, 2002
Decatur, TN.
Country
Region

I have a Bulova Military ww 10BNCH and need a sweep second gear.I have a good running movement but it is missing the sweep second gear.
Thanks

spiro13

Jun 10, 2010

I need a haiespring assembly for a Ingersoll "Wrist" wrist watch.

Thanks

lloydh

Aug 4, 2012
Houston,Texas
Country
Region

sorry I figured it out.... I am in need of a balance assembly for a Hamilton 992...I have the balance cock but no spring...please any help would be appreciated...Lloyd

lloydh

Aug 4, 2012
Houston,Texas
Country
Region

also,are any other Hamilton 16S movements similar to a 992? in other words,can I use parts from a different caliber hamilton?? thanks again Lloyd

slinfiniti

Oct 12, 2011

I am search for some Gruen Quadron Hands. I have attached pictures of the dials that are being considered for my restoration. I do need the hands that are not luminous. I hope someone can help me. It is very difficult to source hands for a 90 year old watch. The other question would be if I found hands that were styled very similar, what hold size would I need? I will impatiently wait for your ideas. I am having Kirk Rich dial print me a new dial

Attachments

lloydh

Aug 4, 2012
Houston,Texas
Country
Region

I don't think anybody uses this forum..If this were the antique radio forum Im a member of,I would have all kinds of helpful people giving replies and advice..this does not seem to be a very friendly forum and I will not be using it any longer.... I didnt know watch repair folks were so hard to get information from.I see all kinds of views but no one takes a moment to answer. I guess I will take up jigsaw puzzles

Phil7153

Apr 28, 2012
Cypress, Texas
Country
Region
Watch Parts Wanted

This is a thread for parts that are needed. If you have questions about watches or repairs, post them in the appropriate section. No one was rude to you or unfriendly to you, so saying that is quite uncalled for. There are a great deal of members on this forum, all of which are friendly. I am sorry, there is no one to cater to your every need within four minutes of your three consecutive posts.

Kevin W.

NAWCC Member
Apr 11, 2002
Nepean, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region

I would assume if one was not answered in their search for a part.Is because they don,t have the part.
You may go many years not finding a particular part, but patience is a virtue.

sderek

Jan 8, 2009
USA
Country
Region

also,are any other Hamilton 16S movements similar to a 992? in other words,can I use parts from a different caliber hamilton?? thanks again Lloyd
It's not usually a good idea to put a balance complete from one American pocket watch into another American pocket watch, as the serial number is inscribed on the bottom of the balance wheel, so you would have a non-numbers matching watch. But, if it is your only option, according to my Hamilton Part Catalog, a balance from any 16s double roller movement (EXCEPT 992B and 950B) movement should fit.

sderek

Jan 8, 2009
USA
Country
Region

I am search for some Gruen Quadron Hands. I have attached pictures of the dials that are being considered for my restoration. I do need the hands that are not luminous. I hope someone can help me. It is very difficult to source hands for a 90 year old watch. The other question would be if I found hands that were styled very similar, what hold size would I need? I will impatiently wait for your ideas. I am having Kirk Rich dial print me a new dial
What caliber exactly is your Quadron? We will need to know the length, also (measured from the center of the hole to the end of the hand).

slinfiniti

Oct 12, 2011

I have another project that I am working on. I am looking for a new dial and period correct hands. The movement number is 19585737. Please contact me. It is a Depollier case as well
. IMG_0878.jpg

Always_Late

Sep 18, 2010
Portland,Oregon
Country
Region

Looking for back cover & retaining ring for a Bulova 30J w/ octagon shaped case. bully30jewel6.jpg Dia=1.12" Thank you!

Phil7153

Apr 28, 2012
Cypress, Texas
Country
Region

Anyone have a 992b black minute hand? The one on my model 16 was bent and once flattened it snapped the tip off.

stijn_b

Oct 8, 2012

I'm looking for a cyclops for a Dubois Depraz 2000 module. Thanks.

Watchfixer

Jun 11, 2011
Country
Region

Need a good thermal compensated complete balance wheel with hairspring for 17j elgin, do not mind paying for a whole parts movement for that.

Mine is #43615956, PS: This uses dual table roller. Old balance was mixture of destruction: This have steel hairspring with white alloy balance, nuts! Balance wheel alloy is scratched up, bowed (tested on truing caliper) and screws were filed all around on one edge (hidden from view) that accounts for running seconds fast every few hours. Also another reason I need complete balance is the dual roller is chewed up and staked to tighten up too loose on the staff fix. :(

Cheers, Watchfixer

Watchfixer

Jun 11, 2011
Country
Region

EDIT, oops forgot to say the movement size 16s, and wanted remains the same. Thanks.

Need a good thermal compensated complete balance wheel with hairspring for 17j elgin, do not mind paying for a whole parts movement for that.

Mine is #43615956, PS: This uses dual table roller. Old balance was mixture of destruction: This have steel hairspring with white alloy balance, nuts! Balance wheel alloy is scratched up, bowed (tested on truing caliper) and screws were filed all around on one edge (hidden from view) that accounts for running seconds fast every few hours. Also another reason I need complete balance is the dual roller is chewed up and staked to tighten up too loose on the staff fix. :(

Cheers, Watchfixer

HUDD

Apr 11, 2004
St. Albans, UK
Country
Region

I need a balance wheel for a 21J 18s Bunn Special #1675784 or just a full set of GOLD timing and meantime screws. Mine has brass screws for some reason. Any help would be appreciated.

Hudd

P.S. Mine is a single roller model.

Tudorp

Oct 1, 2012

I have a bunch of mainsprings and would like to offer a couple trades for mainsprings I need. Here are the mainsprings I have, and would like to do a swap for some mainsprings I need. These are all Elgin, in various sizes. A couple of them I still need, but many of them I do not and maybe you do?

The mainsprings I need are:
1919 Elgin, 12s, 17j, Model 3
1920 Elgin, 16s, 17j, Model 13
1927 Elgin, 16s, 17j, Model 7
1881 Hampden, 18s, 11j, Model 1, mainspring #1696
1890 Hampden/Dueber, 18s, 17j, model 3, mainspring #1696
1883 Waltham, 18s, 7j, Model, main spring 2205
1908 Waltham, 16s, 15j

I am not sure what mainspring # some of these take. But, these are my watches that need a new spring. Would anybody having these springs be willing to trade for springs I have that you might need? Below is pictured the springs I have.

156.jpg

Last edited:

Tudorp

Oct 1, 2012

Below is a link to my photobucket folder with mainsprings I have. I would like to trade some of these that I don't need, for springs that I do need. If you find one in the folder that you need I will also sell them for $6ea. postage paid (except the ones I personally need. Just ask..)

http://s1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff490/Tudorp/Watches/Mainsprings/

The mainsprings I need are:
1920 Elgin, 16s, 17j, Model 13
1927 Elgin, 16s, 17j, Model 7
1883 Waltham, 18s, 7j, Model, main spring 2205
1908 Waltham, 16s, 15j

sderek

Jan 8, 2009
USA
Country
Region

I'm in need of a detent lever (set lever) for an Illinois 6/0s caliber 607 model 4, I'd purchase an entire movement, if necessary. Does anyone know what other movements use the same part?

Paul Sullivan

NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Massachusetts
Country
Region

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a third (second hand) wheel for a Elgin 3FB, open faced 244, ser. no. 10520506.

Thanks,

Paul

Watchfixer

Jun 11, 2011
Country
Region

Looking for a Elgin parts 21j round 8/0. Lost a part, (waah).

Cheers, Watchfixer

gerene

Sep 9, 2010
Belgium
Country
Region

I am in search for a Marvin 610 escape wheel.

Thanks,

Jan

Dave Berghold

NAWCC Life Member
NAWCC Member
Sep 17, 2000
Montana
Region

Stem needed for a 9 ligne, European Watch and Clock Co. movement.
Please email me - dberghold (at) gmail.com
Thanks in advance,
db EWCCo 1.jpg EWCCo 2.jpg

deloid

NAWCC Member
Nov 30, 2002
Boise, Idaho
timeagain.lapinelarts.com
Country
Region

I have a dual dial (partners) timepiece with a Waltham 37s movement. I am in need of part #840 (sleeve) or the whole unit of the stem as pictured below. It is my understanding that the part # 840 is specific to the dual dial but I'm not completely certain of that.

Thanks for any help with this.
Dean

DEL_4377.jpg DEL_4375_edited-1.jpg

Adam Harris

Moore NWCM Award
May 3, 2012
Costa Blanca - Spain
highercailber.com
Country

I am looking for following parts, can anyone help

[FONT=georgia,serif]Hi do you have the following movement or parts in stock:[/FONT][FONT=georgia, serif]
[FONT=georgia,serif]1) Waltham - Lepine movement size 3/0 - 12 ligne.[/FONT]
[FONT=georgia,serif]Or a complete balance wheel with shaft for above movement.[/FONT]
[FONT=georgia,serif]
[/FONT]

[FONT=georgia,serif]2) Waltham Balance wheel with shaft for 6/0-D. 17J movement.
[/FONT]

[FONT=georgia,serif]
[/FONT]

[FONT=georgia,serif]Thanks if you could let me know

I can post pictures of the current movements if that is needed.

Really want to restore these two rare wristwatches

Kind Regards[/FONT]

[/FONT]

sderek

Jan 8, 2009
USA
Country
Region
Watch Parts Wanted

Hello,
I am searching for plate-side (foot) balance pivot hole and end jewels for my Model 1883 Waltham, serial number 5,791,428, Grade No. 15 with 15 jewels movement.
Thanks,
Mike
Someone may come along with an offer for one... but, if you'd really like one, just contact either Bob McKnight, Bryan Eyring, or Brian Cavanaugh. They have large selections and reasonable prices. Their contact info is in the Part Sources sticky.

sderek

Jan 8, 2009
USA
Country
Region

I'm in need of an unthreaded sleeve (they're shaped like little tophats) for my Illinois wristwatch in a Keystone case. I've seen the sleeves in Newall stem/sleeve sets. I think the one I need listed as a Waltham and is original part number 186, 187, 188, 189, 190 or 191. It's about 1.75mm in diameter (not the thin flange at the end, but the diameter of the body) and about 2.37mm long.
Does anyone have one (or a selection) they would part with? Or do does anyone know of a source for these? I see sets do come up for sale on eBay from time to time, but I haven't seen lucky enough to win one, yet.

IMG_9131a.JPG

Jim Haney

NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Donor
Sep 21, 2002
Decatur, TN.
Country
Region

I'm in need of an unthreaded sleeve (they're shaped like little tophats) for my Illinois wristwatch in a Keystone case. I've seen the sleeves in Newall stem/sleeve sets. I think the one I need listed as a Waltham and is original part number 186, 187, 188, 189, 190 or 191. It's about 1.75mm in diameter (not the thin flange at the end, but the diameter of the body) and about 2.37mm long.
Does anyone have one (or a selection) they would part with? Or do does anyone know of a source for these? I see sets do come up for sale on eBay from time to time, but I haven't seen lucky enough to win one, yet.

150543.jpg
Derek,
I have a selection of these and will check the measurements.

I got that offset pinion from Borel for $8 , Thanks

PS, I am going through this list and removing post that have recieved the parts or are too old or just say Thanks, etc.

DaveyG

Mar 21, 2005
North Wales, UK
Country

Looking for a hairspring for an Elgin 18Sz, Model 8, Gr 240 (19jwl B W Raymond), Part No 1958. Balance complete or parts movement also viable options.

Thanks folks.

sderek

Jan 8, 2009
USA
Country
Region

Hello:

I am in need of 2 pairs of 18-size keywind hands (hour/minute) for 2 Elgins that I am trying to resurrect.

Please PM if anything is available.

Thanks,
MartyW
This sounds like another job for Bob McKnight, Bryan Eyring, or Brian Cavanaugh. See their contact info here.

1951jon

Dec 18, 2012

i need a 7733 fly back lever , but not the rounded end type , the one i need has a pointed end set at 90" , possibly a later type, how can i tell if its a valjoux 7733 or an eta 7733 ?

sderek

Jan 8, 2009
USA
Country
Region

If it was an ETA, it would be marked "ETA", but I don't believe that ETA ever made any 7733's (they did make 7750's however). If it's a Valjoux it should be marked with an "R" inside of a shield.
If it were my watch, I'd contact all the parts suppliers mentioned in the "parts sources" sticky, and either actually talk to someone on the phone, or send an email (with a picture), and explain what you need. Jules Borel lists them as discontinued, so you can skip them.

1951jon

Dec 18, 2012

hi many thanks for that , the parts list i got from old swiss watches.com , only lists the one i cant use, ill try your idea of the supplyers list, im new to this forum , so im still navigating my way around

sderek

Jan 8, 2009
USA
Country
Region

hi many thanks for that , the parts list i got from old swiss watches.com , only lists the one i cant use, ill try your idea of the supplyers list, im new to this forum , so im still navigating my way around

No worries! That's what we're here for.

1951jon

Dec 18, 2012

hi, i have tried all the supplyers listed , no go , all say discontinued, my origional question stands , why have different ends on 7733 fly back levers & only 1 part number, maybe a scrapper may be the way to get the part ?

sderek

Jan 8, 2009
USA
Country
Region

hi, i have tried all the supplyers listed , no go , all say discontinued, my origional question stands , why have different ends on 7733 fly back levers & only 1 part number, maybe a scrapper may be the way to get the part ?
Are you sure you tried ALL the suppliers?

Here is the email conversation I had with McCaw's this morning....
Is it possible for you to send a pic of the old one?

On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 9:50 AM, Derek Hadfield <derekhadfield@hotmail.com> wrote:
This quote is from a customer- does this make sense to you?

"i need a 7733 fly back lever , but not the rounded end type , the one i need has a pointed end set at 90" , possibly a later type"

Derek

http://www.watchrepairinfo.com
http://www.yourwatchdoctor.com

Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 09:45:17 -0500
Subject: Re: Valjoux 7733 flyback lever?
To: derekhadfield@hotmail.com

In stock, $25.

On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 8:56 AM, Derek Hadfield <derekhadfield@hotmail.com> wrote:
Dear Sirs,
Can you supply a flyback lever for a Valjoux 7733?

Many thanks!
Derek

http://www.watchrepairinfo.com
http://www.yourwatchdoctor.com

It reads from the bottom up. Anyway- it appears they have at least one style of the part in stock.

They emailed back with a picture. This is the part they have. flyback lever 7733.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stephanie Sohles
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-