• Member Voting Now through June 6. Check Your Email for a Link to the Online Ballot. The Ballot Contains Links to Each Proposed Amendment to Bylaws and Articles of Incorporation.

Nothing very special, but I was convinced

P.Hageman

Jul 20, 2014
The Netherlands
Country
At first thoughts, nothing very special. Just an oak 18th century 8 day longcase. But what a design, tall (235 cm) slender case, beautifull color, top to bottom all original. Even the caddy top and plinth are still in place. Original pinacles, seatboard, backboard etc. etc. Made arround 1765 I think by Samuel Clay the elder from Gainsborough. Although made circa 1765, still has five pillars, early collets and completely scribed frontplate where the weels would be placed.Movement has all the early signs. I love this clock

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG

novicetimekeeper

Jul 26, 2015
Dorset
Country
Region
I have a flat top arch of a similar period, I bought it because it was made locally, it is well outside my normal age range and my only mahogany case but I have to say it is a very handsome clock. Yours does look very good, though they were very unpopular by then in London they were still turning out some very nice provincial clocks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
QueenIdella
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-