Not a shame! It's sorrowful!

Discussion in 'Member News and Views' started by dweiss17, Jun 17, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. dweiss17

dweiss17 Registered User
    Old Timer NAWCC Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Retired from Graphic Arts
    Philadelphia, PA
    Country Flag:
    We have people in this world we with all kinds of handicaps. Mine was oral stuttering for all my life,,,until a few months ago.
    I will not go into that now...but miracles do happen...even in the human life.

Stuttering affects every part of your life from childhood until the day you no longer are alive, Let's start with schooling, kids are
    cruel. even though do not really mean to be. Did you ever have a 10 year old kid call to you..."Hey, stutter."Often I wished that
    kid would stutter for a day...he'd learn about a handicap that affects t=your total life,

Being laighed out of the 8a by a class of 42 kids; plus the TEACHER...was perhaps the most humiliating thing in my long life.
    Never went bacjk to schooland got a job running errands for a print shop...the Graphic Arts became my life's work.

2. David S

David S Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Male
    Professional Engineer - Retired
    Brockville, On Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    #2 David S, Jun 17, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2017
    Tragically yes it is sorrowful, and kids have new ways to bully now with all the social media options.

But I would rather hear about a miracle. I think you are teasing us, and yes you hooked me.

Please enlighten us.

David

3. shutterbug

shutterbug Moderator
    NAWCC Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Male
    Self employed interpreter/clock repairer
    Iowa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    To make fun of people for things they can't control is indeed cruel, regardless of the intent.

4. David S

David S Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Male
    Brockville, On Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    #4 David S, Jun 19, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2017
    Oh my. I made spelling mistake "here" should be "hear".

David

5. MartinM

MartinM Registered User

Jun 24, 2011
    Male
    Medical Insurance Systems Analyst
    El Dorado, CA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Somebody get a rope!

I'm kidding (But, in today's politicized climate, I feel the need to be clear.)

6. David S

David S Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Male
    Brockville, On Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Here, here.... he he ... Martin I think we could use a bit more kidding around here..you know good natured stuff.

I am a bit dyslexic and spelling is a real challenge for me. My Son in Law is excellent as is my grand daughter. I get lower case "b" and "d" mixed up sometimes and have to write it down sometimes until it looks right, words with double letters are a challenge, and so are words that should sound like I spell them..

For years as a professional engineer, when asked to spell my occupation I would spell it "proffesional", Proffessional", well you get the drift. I would spell it different ways in the same paragraph hoping I guess that one of them would be correct.

Anyway I know what I have, try to compensate the best I can...make very sure I check "auto-correct"...since it can really lead me into the unknown if not caught in time.

So if it will lighten up this thread...go ahead and kid with me...love it.

David

7. MartinM

MartinM Registered User

Jun 24, 2011
    Male
    Medical Insurance Systems Analyst
    El Dorado, CA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    My day job is as a Systems Analyst and a medical insurance provider and, I'm as much or more likely to write "Cliam" as I am to write "Claim". Thank God for the autocorrect.
    If you want to have some fun with me, try to get me to say, "specificity" without time to think about it.

8. David S

David S Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Male
    Brockville, On Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Actually Martin I think I might be able to both say that as well as spell it without guidance.

Perhaps Dan has unknownly ..opps see that didn't work... unknowingly started at thread that we can chat about our developmental or physical challenges and how we deal with them.

Dan you still watching this?

David

9. dweiss17

dweiss17 Registered User
    Old Timer NAWCC Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Retired from Graphic Arts
    Philadelphia, PA
    Country Flag:
    #9 dweiss17, Jun 19, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2017
    Someday, your friend Daniel may decide to write about his non-schooling and put to rest all the thoughts some NAWCC members have about what is Daniel hiding?

Let it be known here and now, for a kid with less than a grade school education and no graduation diploma, I like to think if I really had an education there is no limit to what I may have achieved during my near to 102 years of life. No, not boasting!

My present world in which I live or reside [as you wish] is purely my home, I will not try going the stairs to the ground floor, my knees have no cartilage and I easily put myself into another hospital stay should I not kill myself in the attempt.

My cat Johnnie II has no idea how much I appreciate her company. Imagine, she has four beautiful legs…I had two..,but the cartilage in them is shot to hell. I have none.

No use complaining.

10. David S

David S Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Male
    Brockville, On Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Daniel.

I would be very surprised if anyone here have any thoughts about "what is Daniel hiding".

I have had to over come physical challenges and continue to do so, but that is not what defines me. I was dealt the hand, and I am playing it to the best of my ability.

Now you mentioned about your stuttering.....and then a miracle .

If no one is interested, I certainly am interested in anything that may have occurred that has helped you.

David

11. richiec

richiec Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Male
    automotive warranty inspector
    Brick, Ocean, NJ
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Dan, I have nothing but respect for you and what you have accomplished in your lifetime with your limited education. Only recently have I experienced physical limitations when for some strange reason one bicep muscle tendon disconnected, 2 1/2 out of 4 tendons in the right rotator cuff tore and the subscapular muscle also tore, I have trouble writing with a pen now and have to be careful when working on a watch as intermittently the right hand will suddenly shake. Doctors do not want to operate saying I am too old, I am only 64, I will never throw a baseball with any velocity, luckily I can still swing a golf club otherwise I would be sunk. Keep the stories coming. Rich

12. David S

David S Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Male
    Brockville, On Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Dan I am bumping this up in order to let you know that I for one miss your contributions to this forum.

Do you have anything new that you would like to share about your significant experience and or your lovely cat.

David

13. Kevin W.

Kevin W. Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Apr 11, 2002
    I work at the Veritas Tools machine shop.
    Nepean, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I was teased a lot as a child for different reasons. I feel very lucky every day i only have a few small health problems. I enjoy seeing your posts Dan, and i hope you keep posting. Some days i am just busy and dont get to read all the new postings on this web site.