No2 Tag Sale find.. ID anyone

ClockMogul

Oct 1, 2011
Ohio
Country
Region
While roaming the home tag sale this was tucked up in a corner with a 35 clam price. have no idea what it is but for 35 clams, i surely could not go wrong. Any idea what this is..?

Attachments

ClockMogul

Oct 1, 2011
Ohio
Country
Region
another view.. Not sure but wood looks like either walnut or mahogony..? This clock also appears to maintain its original finish.. clock B.jpg

jacks61fd

Jul 2, 2002
Ocala Florida
home.rr.com
Country
Region
Jerry

Early Davies or late George Jones. That pendulum make it more likely a Davies clock, Davies used Welch movements prior to going to work at Ansonia. Model name is "Turret" Flat dial and winged mounting pieces on dial suggest Jones so probably right at the transition from Jones to Davies. Their should be 2 or 3 holes in each tab on the dial but only one screw used to attach dial.

ClockMogul

Oct 1, 2011
Ohio
Country
Region
Jerry

Early Davies or late George Jones. That pendulum make it more likely a Davies clock, Davies used Welch movements prior to going to work at Ansonia. Model name is "Turret" Flat dial and winged mounting pieces on dial suggest Jones so probably right at the transition from Jones to Davies. Their should be 2 or 3 holes in each tab on the dial but only one screw used to attach dial.
Hi Jack, I just looked and it does have a Welch Movement and you are exactly correct about the 3 holes but only one screw.. I was thinking that was odd..Anyways it sure looks unmolested and in really nice original condition. I dont see any extra holes and where some one may have monkeyed with it..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisWinston
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller