No new Regula 25s ...

Willie X

Feb 9, 2008
Unless your supplier has been secretly hoarding Regula 25 movements, they are gone and won't be back for an unknown amount amount time. Hopefully "in a few months" according to one source.
Willie X

Dick Feldman

Sep 1, 2000
Colorado, usa
Country
Region
OH, GREAT.
Thanks for the heads up.
I would think that the suppliers should have seen this coming and should have spread the word earlier.
I suppose it is a good thing that I have lots of "cores" that can be rebuilt but no time.
Best,
Dick

Willie X

Feb 9, 2008
I had two to replace, now I have two to overhaul. Oh well ...

The price will undoubtedly go up when they make a come-back. :(

Willie X

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
Wow. I have a few in inventory, but whether they will be the right pendulum length is the problem!

Willie X

Feb 9, 2008
OK Mark,

My standard 'hoarding initiation fee" is one dollar per unit!

You can donate it to the ASPCA, or your favorite bar and grill.

Willie

chimeclockfan

NAWCC Member
Dec 21, 2006
WI
Country
Region
Never take manufacturing for granted, look into making stuff when the old dogs retire or suddenly drop out.
Even if Regula returns this time, there's no telling how long they'll really stick around.
Maybe one day we'll just invent holographic cuckoo clocks and won't have to bother with physical matter. Haaah!

Willie X

Feb 9, 2008
I did this one today. A new chain wheel and 4 - #65 bushings ... I would expect another 25 year run. As always, If I have the time, I make more money repairing than replacing. And, I've never had the repeat wear out problem with Regulas.
Willie X

IMG_20210728_160250.jpg

MARK A. BUTTERWORTH

NAWCC Life Member
NAWCC Member
Jul 4, 2009
Muscatine, Iowa 52761
Country
Region
Never take manufacturing for granted, look into making stuff when the old dogs retire or suddenly drop out.
Even if Regula returns this time, there's no telling how long they'll really stick around.
Regula never went away. it is just that some suppliers don't have stock and obviously tell customers something very incorrect rather than direct them to a supplier that does have stock. When COVID hit there were supply chain issues on everything in Germany. Butterworth made some very large purchases before this became serious. The company that owns Regula is very strong.

Reactions: chimeclockfan

chimeclockfan

NAWCC Member
Dec 21, 2006
WI
Country
Region
Regula never went away. it is just that some suppliers don't have stock and obviously tell customers something very incorrect rather than direct them to a supplier that does have stock. When COVID hit there were supply chain issues on everything in Germany. Butterworth made some very large purchases before this became serious. The company that owns Regula is very strong.
Thanks for the clarification.
Glad to hear the company that owns Regula is still going strong, it would be a massive loss if they had really disappeared.

Willie X

Feb 9, 2008
I don't think anyone said that Regula
"went away" (?).

Merritt's and BFI don't have em. They both said they expected a shipment and mentioned "in a few months".

That's all I know, on to plan "B". Willie X

chimeclockfan

NAWCC Member
Dec 21, 2006
WI
Country
Region
Given the expected period of shipment, it's interesting to consider how long it really takes to make a cuckoo movement.
Howzit Made on TV makes it look like this stuff gets done in a matter of minutes.
Inevitably skimps out the finer details but worth watching for the factory footage. :Party:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garyray
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-