Nisshin Clock co. New Master 100day clock repair question...

Andy Krietzer

Feb 21, 2001
Country
Region
Hi Matt,
You need to check out the other group on this message board for "400 day and torsion clocks". The Horolovar Co sells the suspension unit for this clock, and their contact information as well as other supply places are listed in the messages. Hope this helps.
Andy.

fixoclock

Aug 29, 2000
Country
The suspension unit you require for the New Master 100 day clock is listed in the Horolovar repair Guide as No.46A
This uses a 0.0028 in. ( 0.071 mm ) guage suspension spring.
Most of the regular supply houses list this unit in their catalogues.

Timesavers are at: www.timesavers.com
Suspension unit, cat.no.11247

Merritts are at : www.merritts.com
Suspension unit, cat. no. P-872-46A

LaRose are at: www.slarose.com
Suspension unit, cat.no. 081126/46A

MileHi clock supply are at: www.members.aol.com\milehiclck
Suspension unit, cat no.78.254

Other clock parts suppliers exist and would no doubt be able to supply this unit.

Lindsay Bramall.

Andy Krietzer

Feb 21, 2001
Country
Region
Hi Lindsay,
I have purchased suspension springs from one of the sources you listed, and they were NOT Horolovar springs. Since the guide book is set up for Horolovar size and strenght springs, I would recommend buying direct from Horolovar unless you know for sure what you are getting.
Horolovar
PO Box 264
St. Claire Shores, MI 48090
313-882-9380

Andy.

fixoclock

Aug 29, 2000
Country
Hi Andy,
I am a stickler for Horolovar springs and I must confess I make all my own units using the Horolovar springs. I have never purchased a unit ready to install. If the units advertised are not Horolovar then I agree, purchase from Horolovar or Matt could purchase the correct Horolovar spring in a pack of three from the Supply House and make up his own unit. This way it will comply with the Repair Guide recommendation.
This may be a bit more difficult but it is a good exercise and a skill to be had for the future when no units are available at all.
Lindsay Bramall.

Andy Krietzer

Feb 21, 2001
Country
Region
Hi Lindsay,
I was sure the catalog described the springs I ordered as Horolovar. They were backordered, so maybe the size I needed wasn't available from Horolovar at that time, so they substituted. I would have preferred to wait for the real thing, or a refund. Now I just order the suspension springs or complete units from Horolovar so I will know for sure what I am getting. Still haven't tried the off brand springs...and maybe they will work OK.
Andy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caseycantrell39212
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller