newbie question

C.L.D

Dec 31, 2007
Country
Region
Hi to all,
I have been collecting torsion clocks for a little while now and I am wondering just how hard is it to find the suspension guard with the thimble still with it. I got this not long back on flebay. I was after the GB guard and this was in with it.
Thanks Darren.

Attachments

John Hubby

Senior Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Life Member
Sep 7, 2000
The Woodlands, TX
Country
Region
Hi to all,
I have been collecting torsion clocks for a little while now and I am wondering just how hard is it to find the suspension guard with the thimble still with it. I got this not long back on flebay. I was after the GB guard and this was in with it.
Thanks Darren.
Darren, thanks for posting. In short, the tubular guard complete with thimble is RARE.

You have had more than a stroke of good luck in finding both a GB suspension guard AND the tubular guard with thimble. I've been collecting 400-Day clocks now for 27 years and have yet to find one complete with the thimble, have only seen three others aside from yours in that whole time and they weren't for sale.

However, I'll bet that now this is posted some of our users will pop up to say they have one too . . . :eek:

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
It's true. Beginners' luck :D

C.L.D

Dec 31, 2007
Country
Region
Thanks John, Vic & Shutterbug for your reply. I knew that the guard and thimble were hard to get but never did I think it was that hard. John 27 years and you still don't have one. I thought you of all people would have one. Vic after looking at your site and seeing all of your clocks and you only have one. Wow. To say that I am very happy is a understatement. Shutterbug if that is beginners luck than I will take as much of that kind of luck as I can get lol. Just out of curiosity the hole lot only cost me $94.

ps Ming the tub goes over the suspension wire and the thimble goes on the end of it when in transit.

Thanks guys
Darren

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Facemaster7
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller