• The NAWCC Museum and Library & Research Center are currently open. Please check the Visiting Schedule for Days and Hours at the bottom of the Visit Page.

New York NEW YORK STANDARD

jkfabulos

NAWCC Member
Aug 21, 2001
Just finishing this one up. Missing the beats plate but I found one and will get it installed to complete the project.
Came with no dial but evidence of broken glass inside the case. Door glass is old and looks to have never been out so I decided it may of had an original glass dial. I have had two other NYS with what I consider original glass dials so believe they may have supplied them for display purposes.

ny1.jpg ny3.jpg

musicguy

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2017
New York State
Country
Interesting I've never seen one of these before.

Rob

Scot Traffis

NAWCC Member
Apr 8, 2011
parma oh
Country
Region
beautiful clock, I have one missing a dial also. I was thinking about a glass dial so you could see the movement. Who did you have make your dial?

jkfabulos

NAWCC Member
Aug 21, 2001
Had a local glass shop cut old glass to size and drill holes (several failures). Very time consuming so quite expensive. They normally refuse this type of work but I am one
of their original customers so twisted their arm to get it done.
Any good dial restorer can do the reverse painting. If you want it gold leafed that is another story and much more costly.

Know Your NAWCC Forums Rules!
RULES & GUIDELINES

Find member

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clckac
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit