New to me // Looking for help

Discussion in 'European & Other Pocket Watches' started by bkerr, Jan 14, 2008.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. bkerr

bkerr Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Male
    Sales & Marketing Manager
    Canal Fulton,OH
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I stepped out of the box this weekend and purchased a watch that just looked interesting. I have the movement torn down and have cleaned and begun oiling. I think with a little luck I'll have it back together. Here is my question. What is it? Maker? How was it used? Are these common?

The mark is BREVET see the pic and it is Swiss made. Thanks for any input

Attached Files:

2. Ethan Lipsig

Ethan Lipsig Registered User
    NAWCC Gold Member

Jan 8, 2006
    Male
    80% Retired Attorney
    Pasadena
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I believe "Brevet" just means patent. That watch appears to be a chronograph, and likely not a split second one. Beyond that, I can be of no help.

3. bkerr

bkerr Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Male
    Sales & Marketing Manager
    Canal Fulton,OH
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    You are correct about the movement.

The dial is great and the movement is not too bad. Broken ms. I do American pw's and this is my first Swiss movement. Hope to have it back together this week. I'll post some pics.

A friend said there may be a makers mark, I did not see it when I cleaning. I better double check.

Thanks for the input!

4. Englishlever

Englishlever New Member

Jan 4, 2008
    The movement may be a Landeron, but I don't have my books to hand to help identify it just now.
    There are different versions of the calibre too, so any marks around the balance area or on the dial plate would help.
    Regards
    John