New to forum and was given a huge lot

Discussion in 'Your Newest Clock Acquisition' started by 6cuda6, Aug 11, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. 6cuda6

6cuda6 Registered User

Aug 11, 2017
    Country Flag:
    Hi folks...new to the forum and clocks in general (ive always had some really nice watches). My father in law is down sizing and i am now the proud owner of about 50 years worth of clocks, parts, books etc....

Over the next gew weeks ill inventory and post up pics....not to worry they are all new aquisitions to me .....lol.

So put on your best info caps....im gonna need your expertise....

2. Jim DuBois

Jim DuBois Registered User
    Donor NAWCC Member

Jun 14, 2008
    Retired from computer program/product/project mana
    Magnolia, TX
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Welcome to the forum....we are always happy to see more clocks and new members too!

3. 6cuda6

6cuda6 Registered User

Aug 11, 2017
    Country Flag:
    Thank you

4. 6cuda6

6cuda6 Registered User

Aug 11, 2017
    Country Flag:
  5. new2clocks

new2clocks Registered User
    Donor Sponsor NAWCC Member

Apr 25, 2005
    Pennsylvania
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I echo Jim's sentiment. Welcome to the board!

The second clock may be of German origin, somewhere around 1900. If you remove the movement and provide detailed pictures of the movement, we may be able to narrow the information even further. The second clock appears to have had a top and a bottom to it that is missing from the photo. With proper identification, we may be able to show you exactly what those pieces should look like.

Regards.

6. JTD

JTD Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Sep 27, 2005
    As has already been said, you are welcome and we all enjoy seeing other people's clocks.

However, it is much easier and clearer if you start a separate thread for each one you want to ask about. Otherwise there is a whole slew of various clocks under a non-specific heading and the resulting information is hard to find for others researching in the future.

JTD

7. musicguy

musicguy Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jan 12, 2017
    New York State
    Country Flag:
    Welcome(again) to the forum.

Rob

8. 6cuda6

6cuda6 Registered User

Aug 11, 2017
    Country Flag:
    Yup great idea....will do as they start coming home more and more

9. bruce linde

bruce linde Technical Admin
    NAWCC Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    let me echo the welcome message... as well as 'separate threads for each clock' and lots of photos from all angles of cases and movements... the more photos, the better informed the responses.

there is a separate/specific forum for discussing values, and no discussion of items for sale is permitted.

looking forward to seeing the clocks!

10. Kevin W.

Kevin W. Registered User

Apr 11, 2002
    I work at the Veritas Tools machine shop.
    Nepean, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Welcome to the group. This is a great place to learn about clocks. Looks like you are off to a good start.