New Member, need vintage watch repair reccomends

steve_s

Oct 6, 2022
Country
Hello to all I just joined today and need advice. I just purchased a vintage pocket watch which arrived today. It is an 1875 vintage Illinois, Model 1, Grade Miller, key wind. The watch is missing it's crystal and it does not run. I wound it as far as I dared as I didn't want to overwind but nothing. It obviously needs a cleaning/lubrication but I need to know some good watch repair businesses. I recently got scammed off the interned and I am a little leery about picking a business off the web.

Can anyone recommend a good repair/restoration business?

musicguy

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2017
New York State
Country
steve_s Welcome to the NAWCC Forum!

Rob

roughbarked

Dec 2, 2016
Western NSW or just this side of the black stump.
Country
Region
Hello to all I just joined today and need advice. I just purchased a vintage pocket watch which arrived today. It is an 1875 vintage Illinois, Model 1, Grade Miller, key wind. The watch is missing it's crystal and it does not run. I wound it as far as I dared as I didn't want to overwind but nothing. It obviously needs a cleaning/lubrication but I need to know some good watch repair businesses. I recently got scammed off the interned and I am a little leery about picking a business off the web.

No worries mate. You won't get interned here.

This forum has ample well regarded people whom will assuredly assist.

Reactions: Bernhard J.

musicguy

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2017
New York State
Country
If you send me a Private Conversation I will give you a referral(or two).

How to send a Private Message(PM) to me:
Start a Conversation

Rob

WoodyR

Jan 27, 2021
Country

My friend sent a watch to RGM Watch Co. for a full service. He was (and continues to be after 3 years) completely delighted with the work they did. He highly recommends RGM for any watch work.

Woody

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GallDG
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Watch Inspectors by Kent