• The Bulletins and Marts are again available online. The network connectivity problem has been fixed. Thank you all very much for your patience.

New Kundo Mini

Ken M

Feb 28, 2009
Holiday, FL
Country
Region
Picked this up today at an estate sale, turns out she's a clock lady. Says she has over 300 clocks in her home next door, all kinds. Said she's had this about 15 years....apparently she doesn't clean and polish. It's running. I think that locking lever is on the wrong side of the plate. I know earlier ones were on the top, but I don't think this is one of those.

20211023_184117.jpg 20211023_184248.jpg

etmb61

NAWCC Member
Oct 25, 2010
Mascoutah, IL
Country
Region
The locking lever is correct. That's the first version. See appendix 123 in the repair guide 10th ed. The bottom block should be held to the pendulum by a small cotter pin. The hook should look like this one:
hook.jpg

Here is the brochure picture of the model.
NY_br.jpg

Eric

Schatznut

NAWCC Member
Sep 26, 2020
SoCal
Country
Region
I've got one just like it. It certainly must have looked "space age" when it was new, and it's still a very attractive and unusual little clock. Nice find!

Ken M

Feb 28, 2009
Holiday, FL
Country
Region
I've got one just like it. It certainly must have looked "space age" when it was new, and it's still a very attractive and unusual little clock. Nice find!
She had a sticker of $75 on it, but it's the 2nd day of the sale and she hadn't sold hardly anything so I got it for $35. Walked away once, but went back. I'll clean it up. Something to be said about original patina, but I like shiny brass. I'll be talking to her again. She said she has four 400 day clocks that need repair, she does that. Interesting old lady.

Ken M

Feb 28, 2009
Holiday, FL
Country
Region
Well, I took it apart and cleaned it up some. But I didn't something wrong putting it back together. The pendulum is way forward of the cup. Everything looks right, the plates are in the right direction, maybe I flipped the top one to put the nicer side up, but it looks symmetrical. That's the only thing I can think of.

Schatznut

NAWCC Member
Sep 26, 2020
SoCal
Country
Region
Well, I took it apart and cleaned it up some. But I didn't something wrong putting it back together. The pendulum is way forward of the cup. Everything looks right, the plates are in the right direction, maybe I flipped the top one to put the nicer side up, but it looks symmetrical. That's the only thing I can think of.
I remember doing the same thing, The clamps that hold the support hoops aren't symmetrical, as I recall.

Ken M

Feb 28, 2009
Holiday, FL
Country
Region
No, they're not. But I got them even, so the "knots" are even. Maybe there's another combination.

Schatznut

NAWCC Member
Sep 26, 2020
SoCal
Country
Region
Here's a photo of my clock. I hope it gives you a sense of how it fits together.

Kundo Atom clock.JPG

KurtinSA

NAWCC Member
Nov 24, 2014
San Antonio, TX
Country
Region
Isn't the location of the cup adjustable? I just checked the pictures I took when I refurbed my clock and it appears I didn't even take the base and support "wires" apart...guess I went the easy route! ;)

Kurt

Ken M

Feb 28, 2009
Holiday, FL
Country
Region
I took it apart and put it back together, it landed real close. I neglected to tighten the top knot, so it's a little loose. While messing with it, the rods slid through the top know and that is where it's at. I can move it around until the pendulum is right over the cup. She left about a 1 1/2" pin in the top block, makes adjusting the beat a cinch, nice little trick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jenvu01
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-