New Haven Thermometer

Discussion in 'Your Newest Clock Acquisition' started by Bruce Barnes, Jan 23, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Bruce Barnes

Bruce Barnes Registered User

Mar 20, 2004
    Just won this thermometer,12" in diameter and represents one of the early merchants in New Haven along with Hubbel and Chauncey Jerome.It will reside next to this Jerome Sharp Gothic ands the Jerome Gallery clocks from the same time period.
    It is really fun when you find ancillary items that accompany your clocks and they are from the same time era.
    Bruce conn therm.jpg jerome ts&c.jpg 10292227_1_l.jpg

2. Brian Smith

Brian Smith Registered User

Oct 16, 2009
    Building Official
    Manassas, VA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    That is a good find. Maybe we should start another thread regarding ancillary items...clock toppers, thermometers, measuring scales, bubble levels, etc (all clock or watch company related). As always, I got nothing like that to share. Darn-it.

3. Steven Thornberry

Steven Thornberry User Administrator
    NAWCC Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Male
    Ne’er do well
    Here and there
    Country Flag:
    Well, we do have this thread.

4. Bruce Barnes

Mar 20, 2004
    I just got this scale and it will accompany my collection of American Steam Gauge clocks.I presume this was sort of a "marketing give-away" but I believe, even though small, it could be useful on small prints or in limited areas.The ones I have used were minimum 12 ",anyone have any ideas other than "marketing"?
    Regards,
    Bruce

5. Bruce Barnes

Mar 20, 2004
    ASG SCALE 2.jpg ASG SCALE 3.jpg sorry these didn't load the first time............