New Haven Electromechanical Watch Clock

Discussion in 'Electric Horology' started by Ralph, Jun 4, 2002.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Ralph

Ralph Registered User
    NAWCC Member Sponsor

Jan 22, 2002
    Country Flag:
    A friend of mine is going to look at one of these in the next day or two and we were trying to find out some info on it, before seeing it.

The fellow who owns it, thinks it is an electric clock....but the picture he sent, doesn't show a pendulum in it. It's a wall clock, looks to be around 30" tall.

I'm wondering if the electromechanical aspect of it is for solenoids to time record a watchman's rounds.

Any info appreciated.

Thanks, Ralph

2. Ralph

Ralph Registered User
    NAWCC Member Sponsor

Jan 22, 2002
    Country Flag:
    A friend of mine is going to look at one of these in the next day or two and we were trying to find out some info on it, before seeing it.

The fellow who owns it, thinks it is an electric clock....but the picture he sent, doesn't show a pendulum in it. It's a wall clock, looks to be around 30" tall.

I'm wondering if the electromechanical aspect of it is for solenoids to time record a watchman's rounds.

Any info appreciated.

Thanks, Ralph

3. Ralph

Ralph Registered User
    NAWCC Member Sponsor

Jan 22, 2002
    Country Flag:
    Oh, I forgot. The name on the glass calls the clock "Le Grande"

Ralph

4. gre406

gre406 Registered User

Oct 6, 2001
    Ralph..If you can email the photo to me I will post on the board..Maybe that will help a little...

Geo

5. Ralph

Ralph Registered User
    NAWCC Member Sponsor

Jan 22, 2002
    Country Flag:
    I don't have a pix at this time. I know a picture would help immensely.

Thanks Ralph