New Haven 19 1/4

Discussion in 'Clock Repair' started by Hogshair, Feb 11, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Hogshair

Hogshair Registered User

Sep 6, 2014
    Hi all, have been restoring the above for a while now and time side is running great. Now...all I need to do is setup the strike but....cannot find anything online to help me with this. Have restored a few smith's rack strike and a couple of french count wheel strike but this is my first New haven so I need a little help:confused:
    Anyone point me in the right direction......please!

Have to say I really like this movment and I think it's a great learning tool as you can see everything working (well, when it is working that is). I'll try and drop in a couple of pics.

Cheers
    H.
    attachment.jpg attachment.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Willie X

Willie X Registered User

Feb 9, 2008
    Hogs,
    There are three things that have to happen together at the same time
    1 - The count finger has to be centered in a deep notch of the count wheel.
    2 - The wire lever that rides on the maintence wheel has to be in the notch, with some space all around the wire.
    3 - The stop lever needs to be stopped against the warning pin.
    Note, It is usualy best to get steps #1 and #2 working correctly and then reposition the warning wheel to accomplish step #3. You can leave out the fly until you get everything working correctly.
    Good luck, Willie X

3. scottmiami

scottmiami Registered User

May 14, 2014
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
  4. shutterbug

shutterbug Moderator
    NAWCC Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Male
    Self employed interpreter/clock repairer
    Iowa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I don't see a count wheel, Hogshair. You might be missing some parts. Give us a few more angles of your movement so we can check out what you have.

5. Hogshair

Hogshair Registered User

Sep 6, 2014
    Hi guys, wow! Great info, thanks. Up and running (third try) sounds nice and good to see it working again. Oops!, uploaded wrong pic (shutterbug) will drop one in of finished movement. Any idea as to the age of the movement?
    Cheers
    Hogs.